Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Perhaps brehs can do me a solid and provide with some feedback :lupe:

I plan to, maybe, submit this piece to someone in the hopes of publishing. A no-mark, nonsense website. But I'd like to see what y'all think...:lupe:

It could be retarded, it's about the retirement of Arsene Wenger's Nike Jacket :lupe:

here's the beginning. And I'm reluctant to post much of my writing on here, especially on the main forum because inevitably I imagine someone like, "Oh all coli nikkas want to write now :stopitslime:" after Walt's stuff.

Goodbye then, Arsene Wenger’s Nike Coach Jacket. You will be missed. Not simply because you birthed a thousand gifs and caused seasons of zipper torment to a frazzled and withered old man, particularly during a downpour or when your owner looked at his most bewildered and miserable, but because you proved to be a staple. Over the past few seasons, where kit manufacturers seem content on parading out fresh kits with minimal alterations and the beats of the football fashion world seem to mimic those of the “serious” fashion world, there was always the sleeping bag coat.

This is an anomaly. But let us back up and attempt to work out just why the sleeping bag coat deserves its praise. We can trace this examining of sport fashion back to the 2005 implementation of the league-wide NBA dress code. Some may shout indignantly that sports fashion off the playing surface was transformed and first thrust into the national conscience with the 1980’s and 90’s Miami Hurricanes football squads. A muscly squad of overly grown men whose sartorial muse was no doubt Liberace, the particular era of gaudy silk designer bullshyt is now seen more as a historical curio than any sort of fashion that is to be taken serious. The 2005 dress code change that effectively outlawed any sort of street fashion and can also be seriously considered as a major factor in the downfall of Allen Iverson coincided with the primordial beginnings of the rise of #menswear, making it a wholly unique, separate and substantial wave of sports fashion.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Perhaps brehs can do me a solid and provide with some feedback :lupe:

I plan to, maybe, submit this piece to someone in the hopes of publishing. A no-mark, nonsense website. But I'd like to see what y'all think...:lupe:

It could be retarded, it's about the retirement of Arsene Wenger's Nike Jacket :lupe:

here's the beginning. And I'm reluctant to post much of my writing on here, especially on the main forum because inevitably I imagine someone like, "Oh all coli nikkas want to write now :stopitslime:" after Walt's stuff.

Good post.

Especially the bold. What he did had been done before like a million times over the past decade on here/:hamster: but some don't know that. I mean just look :heh:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/brea...er-to-be-sponsored-by-worldstarhiphop.234436/

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arsenal paying 16 million pounds for calum chambers!!:mjlol:

I really hope this is true
Reports are ranging from 7 mil, 12 mil to 16 mil

Most likely we'll pay 7 mil upfront and with appearances etc the fee will rise to between 12-16 mil accordingly

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Goodbye then, Arsene Wenger’s Nike Coach Jacket. You will be missed. Not simply because you birthed a thousand gifs and caused seasons of zipper torment to a frazzled and withered old man, particularly during a downpour or when your owner looked at his most bewildered and miserable, but because you proved to be a staple. Over the past few seasons, where kit manufacturers seem content on parading out fresh kits with minimal alterations and the beats of the football fashion world seem to mimic those of the “serious” fashion world, there was always the sleeping bag coat, forever incongruous (or something like that).

This is an anomaly. But let us back up and attempt to work out just why the sleeping bag coat deserves its praise. We can trace this examining of sport fashion back to the 2005 implementation of the league-wide NBA dress code. Some may shout indignantly that sports fashion off the playing surface was transformed and first thrust into the national conscience consciousness with the 1980’s and 90’s late 80's Miami Hurricanes football squads. A muscly squad of overly grown men whose sartorial muse was no doubt Liberace, the particular era of gaudy silk designer bullshyt is now seen more as an historical curio than any sort of fashion that is to be taken serious. The 2005 dress code change that effectively outlawed any sort of street fashion and can also be seriously considered as a major factor in the downfall of Allen Iverson (:russ:) coincided with the primordial beginnings of the rise of #menswear, making it a wholly ("unique" can't be modified, it's either unique or isn't) unique, separate and substantial wave of sports fashion. (do you mean to say #menswear is sports fashion? or that #menswear contains the undercurrent of sports fashion?)
:yeshrug:

good intro, let's see where it takes us

concise

Veteran
Daps
@Horseface Killah

I disagree. "Unique" can be modified. Adding superlative to superlative is perfectly acceptable.

And don't we need that smiley of the coat again as well? :ehh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
@Horseface Killah

I disagree. "Unique" can be modified. Adding superlative to superlative is perfectly acceptable.

And don't we need that smiley of the coat again as well? :ehh:
it's not a point of opinion, it's a matter of definition of the word. to be unique can take on countless channels, but there's no hierarchy of what's more unique than something else.

concise

Veteran
Daps
it's not a point of opinion, it's a matter of definition of the word. to be unique can take on countless channels, but there's no hierarchy of what's more unique than something else.

I can't agree, breh.
As an example, aren't we all as humans "unique"?
But some of us stand out more than others.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I can't agree, breh.
As an example, aren't we all as humans "unique"?
But some of us stand out more than others.
now we're going from linguistics to societal impulse though

just because a woman with a huge dikk shocks her neighbors doesn't mean she's "more unique" than a 300 lb man who can do backflips

they're both unique. full stop