Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't know about this Didier signing. He's my favorite player all time but I was hoping Lukaku would get a shot.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
wouldn't it be funny if Drogba coached every game EXCEPT the arsenal matches?

I'd love to see that. Drogba on the bench with a clipboard offering kind advice for every match, but shows up at the Emirates the last name on the sub sheet, dressed in tear away pants and a polo with his kit underneath, making a 70th minute appearance to invariably muscle Koscielny out of a cross and nudge Chelsea ahead.

I wouldn't even be mad :bow:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'd love to see that. Drogba on the bench with a clipboard offering kind advice for every match, but shows up at the Emirates the last name on the sub sheet, dressed in tear away pants and a polo with his kit underneath, making a 70th minute appearance to invariably muscle Koscielny out of a cross and nudge Chelsea ahead.

if he were to step on the pitch, all I would do is sit back and accept he will score at least one.

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
10523538_1453481488241602_703328965_n.jpg

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
chill, b :damn:

Drogba really is my greatest fear. He could be 65 years old, and as long as he on pitch against Arsenal I would be :lupe: the entire match.
he's on a terrorist watchlist in north london, i heard

complete with tearing off some wireframe glasses :bow:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Best news I've received all day is that Buzzfeed is undergoing a plagiarism scandal. :bow:

Clowns. I always felt some type of way about buzzfeed transitioning from gif empire to a "serious" website that reports on "serious" matters.

Though it's quite clear that they're vying for the all-encompassing media empire crown, along with Vice, Complex and all the other media monstrosities.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Best news I've received all day is that Buzzfeed is undergoing a plagiarism scandal. :bow:

Clowns. I always felt some type of way about buzzfeed transitioning from gif empire to a "serious" website that reports on "serious" matters.

Though it's quite clear that they're vying for the all-encompassing media empire crown, along with Vice, Complex and all the other media monstrosities.
from yahoo answers too :mjlol:

we live in a fukked up world where branches of gawker are the good guys :beli:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
chill, b :damn:

Drogba really is my greatest fear. He could be 65 years old, and as long as he on pitch against Arsenal I would be :lupe: the entire match.

I too share these sentiments.

Terry and Lampard never did shyt against us. Drogba was more than player, he was the physical embodiment of Chelsea's dominance over us.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
SI interviews Arsene Wenger; talks Zelalem and the US, Alexis Sanchez, few other things :ehh:

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...zidis-gedion-zelalem-alexis-sanchez-red-bulls

On Saturday night in Harrison, N.J., Arsenal will take on former star player Thierry Henry and the New York Red Bulls in a friendly. Unlike other English Premier League teams like Manchester United and Manchester City, who are going to be playing a number of preseason games on American soil, Arsenal is here for one game and one game only.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis (formerly the deputy commissioner of Major League Soccer) were in Hoboken, N.J., on Thursday to speak at the Emirates Business Breakfast, and took some time afterward to speak exclusively to SI.com about the upcoming season and all things Arsenal:

SI: Let's get this one out of the way for American fans. We've heard a lot about Gedion Zelalem. We've seen bits of him on YouTube. He is eligible to play for the United States national team if he acquires citizenship. And he's on your roster for the game on Saturday night against the New York Red Bulls. What can you tell us about him?

Wenger: He is a player with a good eye and good technique and is very agile. He has the ambition to find the ball on the field. So he's the kind of player who could be of use to the United States. He's in some ways the type of player the U.S. was missing in the World Cup.

He is potentially an international player, for sure. But the next two or three years he will have to show he has the mental qualities to fill that potential. That's what's at stake for him now. If he grows physically, since he's slim, and continues to develop his mentality, the potential is there for him to be a top professional player.

SI: Is the potential there for Gedion to play for Arsenal [first team]?

Wenger: Right now, I don’t think he's ready. I don't think he's ready in the next six months. Next season, I hope to say yes. But if things go quicker than expected, maybe from January onwards. The American fans can see him play on Saturday night.

SI: Do you think his choice will be to play for the U.S.? (Zelalem, born in Germany to Ethiopian parents, is currently eligible to play for Ethiopia and Germany. He lived in the USA from when he was 9-15 and his father is in the process of obtaining U.S. citizenship, according to SI's Grant Wahl, which would have a trickle-down effect for Gedion)

Gazidis: I don't know. If you speak to Gedion, it sounds like you're speaking to an American. And, certainly, when we found him, he was living D.C. and thinking of himself as a young U.S. kid. But I don't know, that's a decision he has to make.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I too share these sentiments.

Terry and Lampard never did shyt against us. Drogba was more than player, he was the physical embodiment of Chelsea's dominance over us.
its always Drogba. He the only one I fear.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

great post.

Yahoo Answers :mjlol: