Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
V.Good player, on his day unplayable, but doesnt score enough goals considerin his talent. Should easily be scorin 15-20 goals a season in all competitions

I still think he's gonna get better...but he made the jump of being a "promise" to a reality imo...

To me there is the world beaters which are a handfull then world class...all those players under world class come down to preference, the difference in talent isn't much

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I still think he's gonna get better...but he made the jump of being a "promise" to a reality imo...

To me there is the world beaters which are a handfull then world class...all those players under world class come down to preference, the difference in talent isn't much

Suarez isnt in this list either. He has the ability to but hattricks vs Norwich aint gunna cut it

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
V.Good player, on his day unplayable, but doesnt score enough goals considerin his talent. Should easily be scorin 15-20 goals a season in all competitions

Exactly, Nani just doesnt score or create enough to be labeled World Class. Thats not taking away anything from his overall game though, because i rate him. Ive always felt if given more freedom he'd be a much more dangerous player for United. Currently, Rooney (rightly so) runs the show for United.

I wonder if people really realize just how important a player Cesc was in the Premiership. There was a stat i saw from OptaJoe, but chances created in the last 5 years, Cesc was number one above both Xavi and Messi.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Exactly, Nani just doesnt score or create enough to be labeled World Class. Thats not taking away anything from his overall game though, because i rate him. Ive always felt if given more freedom he'd be a much more dangerous player for United. Currently, Rooney (rightly so) runs the show for United.

I wonder if people really realize just how important a player Cesc was in the Premiership. There was a stat i saw from OptaJoe, but chances created in the last 5 years, Cesc was number one above both Xavi and Messi.

cant agree with that. He is probably the best crosser in at least the premiership.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Make a list, any list, any sport, and people gonna be up in arms :scheme:

:troll:

Tbf, I didn't include defenders. Only midfield and up. Thought that was obvious :dwillhuh:. And I'm not gonna list every big time player from the big clubs. But since homie up there got his panties in a bunch about the silva absence, I'd rank him in tier 1 :manny:

Where's your lists brehs :scheme:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
cant agree with that. He is probably the best crosser in at least the premiership.

While i agree he has a good cross on him, that doesnt necessarily mean he is racking up the assist totals does it? At present, our favorite sprinter (i love Theo) is scoring and assisting around the same rate in the Premiership as Nani in the last 2 seasons. But actually you right, an average of about 8 or 9 assists over the last 3 seasons in the league isnt bad.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
While i agree he has a good cross on him, that doesnt necessarily mean he is racking up the assist totals does it? At present, our favorite sprinter (i love Theo) is scoring and assisting around the same rate in the Premiership as Nani in the last 2 seasons. But actually you right, an average of about 8 or 9 assists over the last 3 seasons in the league isnt bad.

This fukking guy right here :beli:

Nani didn't play nearly as much last season as he did the season before in which he destroyed theo with 27 goals/assists to theo's 18.

There was some point in the last season where over a year he'd been involved in something silly like 45 of uniteds goals either scoring or assisting.

Theo Walcott ffs, shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Nani.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
This fukking guy right here :beli:

Nani didn't play nearly as much last season as he did the season before in which he destroyed theo with 27 goals/assists to theo's 18.

There was some point in the last season where over a year he'd been involved in something silly like 45 of uniteds goals either scoring or assisting.

Theo Walcott ffs, shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Nani.

Why are you so angry breh? I didnt as much compare them as players as i did their statistical output in the league using games started. In the last two years per game, their average assists per games started (in the league) have been pretty close. Nani only really stood out in that regard in 2010/2011...and Theo was injured for the majority of that campaign. Im not trying to say who is better, because clearly Nani is a more skilled player...but like we were talking about, he needs to do more to be considered world class in my opinion. Alex Hleb was the key pass king back in his last season for Arsenal...but at the end of the day goals and assists is what puts you in that world class category.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I dapped you but come to think about it

Suarez really isn't world class, and a couple of the names you mentioned weren't either like Nani and Villa. Cavani needs to prove himself at a bigger club...we'll see what he's able to do at PSG.

Tevez, RVP, Rooney are def

Aguero...meh....I'm undecided on him

Villa isnt world class?:what: Have you ever watched him play? madness.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Villa isnt world class?:what: Have you ever watched him play? madness.

Barca would have been better last season if Villa was playing.

they would have been alot better if Messi would let him play CF :heh: