Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
@Grams Watch: Day 3

No sign of Grams in NYC today. Though, there was a large number of MidnightBoyz at Governor's Ball .

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Banks to see her 20 minute set and to witness her perform her 6 soundcloud songs. If there was a MidnightBoy there, decent chance that it was Grams.

I made it for James Blake, who had a really interesting set. I've always had the hardest time trying to figure out whether or not James Blake is talented. The majority of his songs I feel are loops with an incomprehensible lyric in the middle. At one point he literally could have been saying anything and I would've gave the Mou nod and would not know any better. Plus his entire set is terrible for festival settings. It's a bunch of sparse instrumentation and deep bass, something you'd usually reserve for a club or a small venue, not a huge stage in front of a fallow lot presenting to the great unwashed farrago that is our generation. One cruel moment was when he was warbling and there wasn't really much going on, there was no one cheering or whooing, just JB (that's what I call him now. JB.) crooning his little heart out and the cameras for the screens on the front of the stage cut to a little rave-ette quietly slumbering while being held up by the guardrail :dead: His set was literally putting people to sleep. Oh, and some dude collapsed and had a seizure during the set which no one really noticed. The girl I was with was screaming help while everyone else was like, "Yo pipe the fukk down b!" (no one said this, just a general sentiment) or was just staring at this dude convulsing and gawping, not really sure what to do and giving the :yeshrug: Finally his friends dragged him up and took him somewhere while people wasted no time in quickly moving into the recently vacated area. Once you go to one of these festivals you quickly realize that space ranks above life, as that episode aptly demonstrated.

I quipped, "Man this James Blake guy must be shyt. Some dude just had a seizure to get out of here :heh:" No one laughed, too soon I reckon :ffs:

Then I saw Empire of the Sun. A dead-eyed glitter and plastic over-lit fukkstravaganza where a gaggle of Australians don gaudy costumes and play the empty and soulless pop music hits of yesteryear. Really, it must be a cultural thing down under, where, for some time now they have been churning out the most boring alternative pop music to have perhaps hit the airwaves over the past several years. People generally attribute this slate of frothy pop music to Australia's general joie de vivre and sunny climes, where late-afternoon beach parties and gamboling in the hot sunshine demands such a soundtrack, but I just chalk it up to being shyte, the embodiment of sameness that plagues every tune and melody to leave that godforsaken rock. And, I say this, with all the authority of a man who has never been there.

And that gets me to another realization that sort of dawned on me while walking the festival grounds, is the sameness of a lot of the acts. You hear any rock group it's gonna sound the same. Say what you want about Vampire Weekend, but their shyt is a sight more unique than me walking around and hearing Interpol and The Kills in succession and just being like, "They're playing some rock shyt over there I guess :manny:" Speaking of which Vampire Weekend was good, they breezily played through all their songs, fitting like an old glove or worn pair of jeans that are just right. And their crowd was huge from what I could see. I was on the grassy knoll next to the stage and their crowd looked to be much bigger than Outkast's, which was surprising :leon:

And then I went and checked out Axwell and Ingrosso for a bit :scusthov: The show was intense as fukk, fire jets, kinetic lights, fireworks, harrowing scenes showcased on screens behind them which alternated between random, colorful cuts of lights and what looked to be a guy running down a hallway? I reckoned they did all this to mask the fact that, here we are, in this great unknown wilderness called life, watching two grown Swedish men stand on a metal stage bobbing their head while turning knobs and sweating. Sometimes you have to break things down like that to grasp just what the fukk it is we're doing here. That said, it was the most European of raves, like some shyt the nihilists from The Big Lebowski would listen to.

And then, back in Brooklyn, I saw Dave 1 from Chromeo chilling at a cafe. Gave him a wave and...that was that. :ehh:

Nyc folks, you got a good city here :obama:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

article-2652270-1E95BE5D00000578-668_634x422.jpg
:wow:

article-2652270-1E96035700000578-378_634x407.jpg

article-2652270-1E96039F00000578-576_634x439.jpg
:myman:

concise

Veteran
Daps
http://prepinthehood.tumblr.com/post/88201236202/canboulay-weekend-2014-brooklyn-edition

:mjlol: Write-up of yesterday's fukkery:

Canboulay Weekend 2014 - Brooklyn Edition
As this surprisingly beautiful weekend comes to a close I feel like something needs to be addressed. As the title suggests I’m focusing on the events that took place surrounding Scamboulay Canboulay. So if you’re neither West Indian nor a Brooklyn partygoer then you might not know what I’m talking about. So here goes…

"Ah wha d’ muddac*nt is dis, ah wha d’ muddac*nt is dis, Scamboulay take all meh money,Scamboulay take all meh money"

Without question this was a major, epic fail. there’s no way to downplay it. Like so many others I saw some type of nonsense happening ever since it was announced that the venue would change from Pulse 48 to Soca Village. For $40-80, I would not have expected so much problems for such a rather simple transaction. But the complete meltdown of what happened does not surprise me even in the slightest; as for the patrons who took Canboulay to the streets, I wholeheartedly agree with them. I’m more surprised and baffled by the people who chastise them for taking such action.

Now keep in mind I personally did not see what happened this Sunday morning for Canboulay’s failed attempt at a resolution. But I did see both Instagram pictures, videos, and about 30-40 mins worth of a Facetime with a good friend. What else did you expect to happen? You put people through all this hassle, postpone the party to the next day and then the actual event only lasts an hour and a half (give or take) instead of the scheduled 5-6 hours. And over half the people couldn’t even get in.

But to my main point: I noticed the people who basically blamed any future problems on the way people acted in the streets this morning were people who actually got inside the venue, indulge in Canboulay, and more-or-less got their money’s worth. Really?
tumblr_inline_n6v8c9K0ei1qe1gsa.gif

I implore you to take the perspective of someone who couldn’t get in:

Like you, they were awake in the wee hours of the morning. Like you, they fully expected to get into the party and have fun. Only you got into the party, they did not. You post pictures from the inside of Canboulay, only to go home and criticize them for not getting in and for doing something with the time they wanted to spend partying. It comes across as the haves selfishly shaming the have-nots. I’m not gonna act like the ONLY people partying in the streets were those who couldn’t get in; that would be both foolish and ignorant. But to blame these people for why there events in the future might potentially be in jeopardy is both wrong and a bit foolish.

WHY ARE WE ELIMINATING THE BLAME FROM THE PEOPLE WHO DESERVE IT!?

Blame HyperActive Entertainment and Gorgelicious Entertainment for their horrible customer service, shotty business practices, and their complete disregard for accommodating their customers in an effective matter…otherwise known as BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!We need to quit placing blame on “black people.” Everyone did the same thing a few years ago when it came to the free Drake concert several years ago. But instead of placing blame on Paper Mag for the horrible way of handling things. They blame Black people (in fact, mostly whites were the ones actin a fool).

As a friend of mine said “If you spent $50 on a MetroCard and went to use it, it said Insufficient Fare, your ass would be crying at the [Ticket Agent] booth.” Be happy these people didn’t riot in the streets. They have every right to be upset. It’s not fair to take these people’s money, mace them when they try to sell a ticket, or chastise them when they are just trying to get their money’s worth. I’m sick and tired of promoters who use shady tactics (in this case blatant nonsense) to take people’s money without providing proper service. If you got a ticket to the Beyoncé+Jay-Z On the Run tour and when you get there they said they already reached capacity, how would you feel?—-Some people would be quick to call them every name in the book—-but when it comes to our own they’re allowed to escape fault? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

So in short: Brooklyn people can’t have nice things NOT because of what happened in the streets of Brooklyn this Sunday morning, but because the people who need to accept fault never take responsibility, and others willingly let them get away with their utter nonsense.

"We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.” —Malcolm X

Montez

Superstar
Daps
http://prepinthehood.tumblr.com/post/88201236202/canboulay-weekend-2014-brooklyn-edition

:mjlol: Write-up of yesterday's fukkery:

Canboulay Weekend 2014 - Brooklyn Edition
As this surprisingly beautiful weekend comes to a close I feel like something needs to be addressed. As the title suggests I’m focusing on the events that took place surrounding Scamboulay Canboulay. So if you’re neither West Indian nor a Brooklyn partygoer then you might not know what I’m talking about. So here goes…

"Ah wha d’ muddac*nt is dis, ah wha d’ muddac*nt is dis, Scamboulay take all meh money,Scamboulay take all meh money"

:banderas:

My cousin was trying to get tickets and was wondering if I was going. :damn:

Ultimately didn't :whew:

so it was like a Passa Passa party? :ohhh:

@Montez

It's J'ouvert but it's the same family except outside with paint. :noah:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Mario Mandzukic confirms Bayern departure.

Wonder who hes gonna go to...:ohhh:

PLEASE WENGER, DONT FAIL US WITH THIS ONE SIGN HIM!! :damn:

Daps
Mario Mandzukic confirms Bayern departure.

Wonder who hes gonna go to...:ohhh:

PLEASE WENGER, DONT FAIL US WITH THIS ONE SIGN HIM!! :damn:

He's just a rich mans giroud, we need someone with pace like remy or benz or even cavani.

like for us to play 4-4-2 like the old days

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
He's just a rich mans giroud, we need someone with pace like remy or benz or even cavani.

like for us to play 4-4-2 like the old days

He may be a big guy but Manduzic's overall game is very good tbh :yeshrug: He knows how to make runs off the ball as well as be a target man.

Please god no Benzema tho :mjlol:Guy is the definition of inconsistent. Cavani isnt leaving PSG either

Mandzukic >>>>Remy tbh

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
He may be a big guy but Manduzic's overall game is very good tbh :yeshrug: He knows how to make runs off the ball as well as be a target man.

Please god no Benzema tho :mjlol:Guy is the definition of inconsistent. Cavani isnt leaving PSG either

Mandzukic >>>>Remy tbh
You'd be lucky if Benz even made the flight, let alone sign. Best striker you'd have since Thierry.

Isn't happening though because RM is selling Morata to Juve. Enjoy another shyt striker that won't take you anywhere.:mjlol:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
quote Malcolm X at the end of a post regarding a debauchery-filled party, brehs

Empire of the Sun though :mjlol: they do sound like 10 other bands that sound the same. Bands I'd probably like, but ultimately forgettable so coming from an existential perspective, who cares:ld:

Last edited:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Mandzukic >>>>Remy tbh

Balotelli/Pedro in the cut breh. Giroud will still start for us, he's too important and despite his faults. Put pace and intelligent players around him and we're good.

Lets just enjoy the World Cup and go from there.