Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
My thoughts....

It was a decent game... nothing spectacular... We would be better if the entire team was more proficient with their passing. A lot of chances wasted. You won't get that many opportunities in Brazil to make a play. This is were Donovan is missed. I don't like Besler on the back line. He plays too nervous and never seems to quite shake the jitters off. I would rather see Brooks instead. Gonzalez is what he is and what we already knew. The stage is too big for Zusi and Bedoya.

Other than the penalty, it was a solid defensive game.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2...lands-arsenal-partly-because-his-nationality-

glad someone finally spoke up on this shyt.

so Arsenal brehs, Bradley in an Arsenal shirt? :scheme:

Michael Bradley seems to have proven his excellence over and over for the US national team and several European clubs over the years.

But his nationality played a role in English powerhouse Arsenal FC passing on him in favor of Swedish midfielder Kim Kallstrom in the 2013-14 winter transfer window, his father Bob told Slate.com this week.

But Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis – who worked as an MLS executive for more than a decade before taking his current job – elected to sign Kallstrom on loan from Russia's Spartak Moscow.

“I think American players and coaches have to fight really hard for respect,” said the elder Bradley. “In January, Arsenal [were] looking to add a midfielder, and they chose Kim Kallstrom. Kim Kallstrom's not a bad player, but I think Michael feels pretty strongly that he’s better, and so Arsene Wenger must not feel that way, and Ivan Gazidis must not feel that way.

“So sometimes, no matter what you do, you don’t get the respect you think you deserve.”

Kallstrom proved to be a controversial acquisition, as he was revealed to have been carrying a back injury after Arsenal completed his signing. He missed almost two months of match action and made only three appearances for the Gunners last season.

Meanwhile, Michael Bradley went on to sign a Designated Player contract with Toronto FC, becoming one of the most high-profile signings in MLS history.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I saw a Guti discussion on reddit and breh really did play some outrageous balls sometimes(pause):

Remember watching that live and almost keeling over :wow:

he was the most naturally gifted Spanish midfielder, probably ever.

And he did like a ball or two :mjpls:
@mastermind who you pulling for? :mjpls:
a draw

but that performance by Nigeria was fukking shocking. Absolutely shocking. Brehs didnt even play hard.

And Shola :why:

He was so terrible.

As for the US, Michael Bradley should be starting for Chelsea. :mjpls:

Jozy finally scoring. :wowjb:

Even though Nigeria did not show up, the way the US played was very impressing.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Like I said before, Naija's just not that good. At best they're the 4th best team in Africa at the moment.
2526076-5782481670-13902.jpg

Ghana been looking shyt too, and have some damn nerve to talk shyt. :camby:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Oh yeah, the look on Enyeama's face after the first goal. :dead: Dude had the ultimate :beli: face.

He's the best. He should be playing for a better team.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
lol @ all the bytching from England I'm reading

these soft euros so lucky they don't have to play in 95 degree heat in San Pedro , theyd symbolically 1950s dames in noir films faint