Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I thought about this and keep thinking it would just be throwing away or just delaying my life for a couple of years. Looking to just dig down stateside now. Especially since CELTA/TESOL is necessary, I think I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

if your life is on track, by all means, dig down, although that's not for me regardless.

you can't spare 1800 bucks and 2-4 months for a certificate that will open doors all over the world for you?:heh:

concise

Veteran
Daps
if your life is on track, by all means, dig down, although that's not for me regardless.

you can't spare 1800 bucks and 2-4 months for a certificate that will open doors all over the world for you?:heh:

Not enough doors, though. Like I said, I'd rather spend that elsewhere.:mjpls:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Not enough doors, though. Like I said, I'd rather spend that elsewhere.:mjpls:

:what:

do you know how valuable a commodity native english skills are?

all of south america and asia, a lot of africa, and most of europe want the skills you have

that being said, teaching aint for everyone

concise

Veteran
Daps
:what:

do you know how valuable a commodity native english skills are?

all of south america and asia, a lot of africa, and most of europe want the skills you have

that being said, teaching aint for everyone

How valuable and how much are you making now?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I thought about this and keep thinking it would just be throwing away or just delaying my life for a couple of years. Looking to just dig down stateside now. Especially since CELTA/TESOL is necessary, I think I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

I had that same idea/inspiration only for Korea/Japan for the simple culture shock and experience-gathering but I took note of this girl who did something similar, basically postponed her life a few years and was at the starting line at 26.. no thanks

concise

Veteran
Daps
depends where you go. you can enjoy yourself and make less money, as i've chosen to do periodically, or you can do what scorch is doing and cake off rich arabs in the desert

ehh on the first, no thanks on the 2nd.

I had that same idea/inspiration only for Korea/Japan for the simple culture shock and experience-gathering but I took note of this girl who did something similar, basically postponed her life a few years and was at the starting line at 26.. no thanks

Yeah, the far East was the only place I'd have wanted to go. Didn't get accepted, thought about it and maybe it wasn't so bad. :ehh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
you make bread in korea.

postponed her life is one way of looking at it. i look at it like she lived her life.

if you're not planning to stay in education, you're at a starting line, i guess. i for one hate the idea of working for a boss and with a dress code and all that. don't plan to do it, thinking about it depresses me, especially because i've been doing it for more than year now.

concise

Veteran
Daps
you make bread in korea.

postponed her life is one way of looking at it. i look at it like she lived her life.

if you're not planning to stay in education, you're at a starting line, i guess. i for one hate the idea of working for a boss and with a dress code and all that. don't plan to do it, thinking about it depresses me, especially because i've been doing it for more than year now.

Maybe you should get into show business :leostare:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
My win percentage is prolly like around .600 tbh or thereabouts. Had great parents, good upbringing, best schools in the state, traveled extensively, a decent network.

I could have had more l's though. Did a lot of stupid shyt in high school with drinking that I still slightly regret even though I'm 5 years removed now. Driving, burning bridges, being a dikkhead etc. Luckily I made it out alive and alright.

My only losses come from, from my perspective, one not taking advantage of undergrad. Didn't know how to play the game. I drifted about, didn't know what I wanted to do. Once I got the hang of how to get good grades by coasting you couldn't tell me anything. I just drank, played FIFA, hung out with the brodeo and partied. When it came down to work I did it and got good grades.

I didn't network, didn't look for internships etc. So now I have a degree with no real experience which is a bytch. Hindsight is cold. The second l would probably be not ponying up the dough for lsat classes. It's the difference between T1 and T2. Had I spent the money there is no doubt in my mind that I would be Top 10 (well top 25 at least) right now.

Now I got three more years of school (:sadcam:) even though it's not what I really want to do. Just doing it cos' I don't know what else to do. Definitely thought about teaching and travelling. Ah well, at least going back to school I know what to do now.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
oh yeah win percentage...

.350 right now :sadbron:

looking to up it to .600 with graduation, a good job, and exercise :russ:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My win percentage is prolly like around .600 tbh or thereabouts. Had great parents, good upbringing, best schools in the state, traveled extensively, a decent network.

I could have had more l's though. Did a lot of stupid shyt in high school with drinking that I still slightly regret even though I'm 5 years removed now. Driving, burning bridges, being a dikkhead etc. Luckily I made it out alive and alright.

My only losses come from, from my perspective, one not taking advantage of undergrad. Didn't know how to play the game. I drifted about, didn't know what I wanted to do. Once I got the hang of how to get good grades by coasting you couldn't tell me anything. I just drank, played FIFA, hung out with the brodeo and partied. When it came down to work I did it and got good grades.

I didn't network, didn't look for internships etc. So now I have a degree with no real experience which is a bytch. Hindsight is cold. The second l would probably be not ponying up the dough for lsat classes. It's the difference between T1 and T2. Had I spent the money there is no doubt in my mind that I would be Top 10 (well top 25 at least) right now.

Now I got three more years of school (:sadcam:) even though it's not what I really want to do. Just doing it cos' I don't know what else to do. Definitely thought about teaching and travelling. Ah well, at least going back to school I know what to do now.

How old are you?

Wish I cared about school at the time :sad: