Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Dudelange FC from Luxembourg beats Red Bull Salzburg :krs:

pretty sure it's the first time ever a team from Luxembourg has come this far in CL qualifying

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Too early to anticipate though :bryan:

Could be because that fifa pissed me off tonight. My defense has been at sixes and sevens, shipping easy goals.

Been trying to play the Barca way, heavy pressing, aiming for 70% possession and 35-40 passes for each midfielder. Except I give up soft goals all too easily. Doesn't help that this FIFA is soft, they need to bring back the cynical foul.

Alot of news is surfacing already, plenty of career mode info as well. Manage a club and national team at the same time, and the possibility of getting sacked in club and/or country and join another squad in the same season/campaign!!!11 :ahh:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
CM has been shyt for three games now. The AI makes it unplayable.

I just want: quick subs, the ability to foul reasonably, better crowd/atmosphere, more variation in the finesse shot from the top of the 18, ball boys, dirty kits, those little flags the captains exchange before matches (even though I don't watch the cutscenes), no more stupid skill moves (only realistic), no more custom celebrations and more national teams.... is that really too much to ask ffs? :what:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Our women :bow:

Party in the usa2 - YouTube

It's not the most awkward video I've seen, which surprisingly goes to Christian the Lion.

:bow: come on lad..ies, tomorrow is a new start

i didn't even know all these mls friendlies were going on, which is a good thing as it seems there's like 5k in the stands and 2nd string squads out there. hopefully this silliness stops wasting everyones time

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
You're right though AI is impossible to play against at times, no matter how hard you defend.

They got the graphics right on 13 it seems

Match Presentation
This one came as a big surprise because the match presentation in the build we played at EAC was completely different to the press event code we’d sampled earlier in the year. The entire stadium now feels alive with activity during the opening*cut scene, with camera men and*photographers*following the players on to the pitch snapping away at FIFA’s all star cast as they emerge from the tunnel. There’s also a raft of new pre-match camera angles and sequences the most impressive being an aerial view of the pitch and a*brilliant*close up of the match ball as the players prepare to kick-off. You even see a subtle wobble effect on the camera to represent that someone is carrying it whilst moving across the pitch.

It’s not just the cutscenes that have received a brush-up though because even during gameplay, new assets can been seen all around the stadium. Stewards and policemen for instance are no longer cardboard cutouts, instead they’re living breathing models who’ll move around the ground studiously watching the crowd. Even the photographers positioned behind the goal*noticeably*change the angle their camera is facing depending on where the action is, the level of detail is really quite something.

The best though, as always is saved to last because in FIFA 13 you’ll now be able to see subs warming up on the touchlines and mangers patroling the technical area.
Once again this isn’t just*unnecessary*padding as the commentary team will pick up on much of this activity and discuss the manager readying a substitution for example. These new features were a complete shock to the system when we booted up FIFA at EAC and the layer of realism that FIFA’s presentation has always been lacking is now not only there, but genre leading.

FIFA 13 Gameplay Impressions Part 2 | FIFA Soccer Blog

They also talk about changes in the finesse, I think we could get that thread running up now :lawd:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I'm still waiting for teams/players to actually play like how they're supposed to. When you use a squad you can implement them in a realistic manner, but when you face them it's like there's three general AI codes for opponent AI. Impeccable one touch possession play, heaving it at a forward, or parking the bus.

It's one of the few things Madden got right years ago. Teams and players styling on you in the appropriate manner. It hurts the CM severely as it makes strategy so much less important. Why should I alter my formation to close down on Pirlo when even if I leave him space he's just gonna play like a generic "good" CM?

I think the sheer scope of the game actually hurts when it comes to these details.

That or they're fukking lazy.

I think they're just lazy and hide behind the rationale, 'oh well, we make games for millions we can't placate all these consumers,' which in my opinion is bogus. It's just small touches that could easily be implemented (a guess honestly) after an hour brainstorm session.

That and/or they don't test properly and haven't since 08. It's one of EA's biggest franchises yet they routinely fail to iron out bugs, proceed to give bare bone patches and can't detect explicit exploits within the game. Then come July they wheel out some shiny 'new' feature, show some screenshots and all is well. Thus is the sport video game market though I suppose, or at least FIFA.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is gonna be the most English thing I've ever been to.

http://www.oldleigh.com/regatta.html

Morris dancing
Cracker eating (wtf?) comp
Lol@banana eating comp
Cockle eating comp :wrist:

Apart from Morris dancing (which I gave never seen in real life and didn't know really existed), what is going on with these weird competitions?

Still as long as the sell traditional English beer (Stella) and the weather is decent, it soinds excellent :ohlawd: