Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Thats why its call anticipation thread!!! :mindblown:

Too early to anticipate though :bryan:

Could be because that fifa pissed me off tonight. My defense has been at sixes and sevens, shipping easy goals.

Been trying to play the Barca way, heavy pressing, aiming for 70% possession and 35-40 passes for each midfielder. Except I give up soft goals all too easily. Doesn't help that this FIFA is soft, they need to bring back the cynical foul.

The Tanzanian Prince

Tanzania Nakupenda Kwa Moyo Wote
Daps
Lucas Moura's agent Wagner Ribeiro says any move to Manchester United is off as they will not up their bid for the Brazilian ace.

United have lodged an offer for the Sao Paulo midfielder, currently in England with Brazil's Olympic squad.

But with Sao Paulo wanting around £30million, it appears their asking price could be too high.

Ribeiro, one of the leading agents in South America, does not think Moura will be moving anywhere this summer after United's bid was rejected.

"They have reached their limit," Ribeiro told UOL.

"Lucas Moura won't leave. He is happy at Sao Paulo. We have to forget this subject. There is no possibility he leaves now.

"Manchester United made an offer, which was rejected and they won't make another one as they have reached their limit."

:damn: my summer :beli:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol at getting trolled by Ribeiro. He did the same thing with Neymar.

Moura to sign a new and improved contract with Sao Paulo in the next few days.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The UK press hyped up Harewood's role in Homeland something ridiculous. Really enjoyed it though. Probs shouldn't be as econd series, but I'll deal with it.

Homeland started off good but just ended up getting a bit silly really.

That bunker scene was intense as fack though.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
we keep taking L's every damn summer :snoop:

Smh, man up.

Anyway, just as you're supposed to take reports we've signed him with a pinch of salt, take these reports of it being off with a pinch of salt.

Agents do this all the time, chill out.

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
article-2178094-14306BAF000005DC-529_634x496.jpg

The Tanzanian Prince

Tanzania Nakupenda Kwa Moyo Wote
Daps
:manny:

It's very possible we won't sign him, just as it has been all along.

I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster of the fan who takes everything he reads as gospel.:why:

it takes me back to the days where i thought we had signed Ronaldinho (but then came Ronaldo), Robben, Essien, Ballack, Duff, and lately Nasri, Hazard etc... all those players were coveted by teams who seemed to be more "attractive"

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Every single one of those players except Ronaldinho went to the teams they went to because of money.

Money we can't compete with, that is the reality of our situation. Whether we should be able to compete is another conversation, but the fact is we can't. People need to accept this.