Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
shyt man I thought you were def rocking up with the 2:1. A mate I knew since my first year was working 2 mins from my house as a legal assistant without an LPC lined up, I was under the impression they were hard to acquire. Another has some thing where he's got a contract with future employers where he has to stay with them for 3/5(i can't remember) years after. Makes sense that getting an expensive qualification wouldn't have too many hurdles.

Yeah another lad I knows mate did that and it was a reasonably well put together product, but I can't for the life of me imagine people paying for what it was. I want to write for TV still, need to get back on that ASAP really, finaldraft costing £250 which is approx 3 times what I thought is a minor ballache though.

I was pretty gutted when I knew I was set for a 2:2 but fukk it, its a law degree and I know I'm smarter than a lot of these other mugs who chose bs modules like law with management (no offence american lads). Others are just built like that academically but have little to no social skills. We just have to try a bit harder to prove ourselves when we're on the career ladder - something I'm quite confident of.

They're not hard to acquire at all. Most people are just deterred by the stupid fees you have to pay (around 10k for a one year course) so they look to secure finance via a training contract like your friend. I tried to secure one a few years ago but I didn't really meet the criteria - when other candidates were the head boy scout or starting their own Fortune 500 company, I was posting on SOHH :smile:

That sounds pretty cool, what kind of stuff do you want to write? Soprano-esque shít? Pitch your ideas to me. What is the fee for?

KOTK

Pro
Daps
You bellend, why aint you said shyt before. I might beable to hook you up with Final draft
:jawalrus: Why'd you think I floated it now?

tbf I was trying to work the torrent + free trial the night before deadline and it wasn't having any of it. Tried using some celtx bollix and then settled for word and formatting it myself.

That would be fukking sick if you could do that though, no biggie if you can't though.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:jawalrus: Why'd you think I floated it now?

tbf I was trying to work the torrent + free trial the night before deadline and it wasn't having any of it. Tried using some celtx bollix and then settled for word and formatting it myself.

That would be fukking sick if you could do that though, no biggie if you can't though.

I'll have a look thru my work email, see if i can find it. I should have it with instructions. I have Finaldraft myself.

If your serious about the writing thing, you dont have to but you would benefit from doin the McKee Seminars but they cost dough tho and the UK seminars are only done in London.

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
I'll have a look thru my work email, see if i can find it. I should have it with instructions. I have Finaldraft myself.

If your serious about the writing thing, you dont have to but you would benefit from doin the McKee Seminars but they cost dough tho and the UK seminars are only done in London.

where do you work?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
where do you work?

Doing Research for Scriptwriters/Production Company.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYEpASAAtWg]Victim (2012) Trailer [HD] - Ashley Chin, Ashley Madekwe - YouTube[/ame]

We co-write (well we did all the re-writes of he script after the 1st draft) came out in the cinema last month and is comin out on DVD on 1st October

KOTK

Pro
Daps

I've seen Adaptation breh:youngsabo:

I plan to write a few spec scripts over the next year, maybe the odd original. Hopefully I'll get a bit of feedback from those. I'm probs against paying for those, we talking about a K or so for a few? I mean if it's not linked to employment it seems speculative and I'd be highly dubious about their concern for your future from it. But could be very worthwhile, obviously. Cheers.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
The UK press hyped up Harewood's role in Homeland something ridiculous. Really enjoyed it though. Probs shouldn't be as econd series, but I'll deal with it.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
David Harewood, lad!

How did you come by that then? (the job)

We interviewed Harewood aswell, but i was ill when the interview took place, im still fukkin pissed about it months later. Frank Harper is in the film aswell.

My mate knew i wanted to do scriptwritin but knows im a lazy c*nt. Im a good ideas person and have an eye for attention to detail, so i got a research role until i stop being a lazy c*nt and start writin.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
We interviewed Harewood aswell, but i was ill when the interview took place, im still fukkin pissed about it months later. Frank Harper is in the film aswell.

My mate knew i wanted to do scriptwritin but knows im a lazy c*nt. Im a good ideas person and have an eye for attention to detail, so i got a research role until i stop being a lazy c*nt and start writin.
This paying alright?

Cos realistically if I don't make it hyphen with this writin' I could quite conceivably end up working as a teacher without ever being an old maid billionaire, and truthfully, that was never part of the plan at all:ld:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I've seen Adaptation breh:youngsabo:

I plan to write a few spec scripts over the next year, maybe the odd original. Hopefully I'll get a bit of feedback from those. I'm probs against paying for those, we talking about a K or so for a few? I mean if it's not linked to employment it seems speculative and I'd be highly dubious about their concern for your future from it. But could be very worthwhile, obviously. Cheers.

My guys said that seminar opened their minds and taught them alot. Last time i checked it was about £300-500 but that was about 2 year ago. They said the main thing he teaches/learn from it, is the nuances of scriptwritin.

Its not essential, but it does help, unless ur lucky enough to find a good mentor.

You know how to copyright your stuff and IP yeah?

KOTK

Pro
Daps
My guys said that seminar opened their minds and taught them alot. Last time i checked it was about £300-500 but that was about 2 year ago. They said the main thing he teaches/learn from it, is the nuances of scriptwritin.

Its not essential, but it does help, unless ur lucky enough to find a good mentor.

You know how to copyright your stuff and IP yeah?
That sounds pretty reasonable, could probably crash on a couch or two. Will def look it up and keep it in mind. Did they get to workshop or present him work and rceive feedback?

Nah but I'm aware that I'd have to safeguard getting my shyt jacked via the legal system, christ you could realise that just reading the coliseum for a few months. Have to claim ignorance on what IP stands for.