Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't step to the set. You shoulda known better than that. :snoop:

Oh shyt, just read McCartney recorded some shyt with Ronson earlier this year. Grammy lock.
Could care less about them corny dudes, mayne, got no problem going it alone.

Dipset, the definition of cornballness:laff:, they are an embarrassment.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them Dipset dudes all just look dirty, I mean seriously, got on all that expensive shyt, and still looked unwashed as shyt.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
the Life is Good slander. :snoop:

I will admit Nas' flow aint the same, but the lyrics are still there. Most rappers dont get good with age. LL just hopped on whatever is popular and tried to mimic that even though his lyrics have fallen off considerably.

The subject matter on teh album is about as honest as it gets and is relate-able to most people between the ages of 24-45. How many rappers would make a track like Accidental Murderers?

For me, its Nas' best work since It Was Written. The only track that you could argue is filler is Summer on Smash, and that track had potential to be better were it not for Swizz talking. Mary's song was just Mary over a breakbeat which is how she first got popular.

My only beef with the album is that those tracks that are on the bonus edition would have been good on the album.

And Salaam was good on this joint, Cherry Wine is probably the best beat on that album along with Queens Story for me. Idk, I just feel everyone want to grade Nas harsher than everyone else because its Nas.

Real talk though, Diplomatic Immunity is one of the best rap albums to come out in the past 20 years :mjpls:

I hated on them because they went at Nas, but yeah it kind of is, at least from a production stand point.:jawalrus:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

I will admit Nas' flow aint the same, but the lyrics are still there. Most rappers dont get good with age. LL just hopped on whatever is popular and tried to mimic that even though his lyrics have fallen off considerably.

The subject matter on teh album is about as honest as it gets and is relate-able to most people between the ages of 24-45. How many rappers would make a track like Accidental Murderers?

For me, its Nas' best work since It Was Written. The only track that you could argue is filler is Summer on Smash, and that track had potential to be better were it not for Swizz talking. Mary's song was just Mary over a breakbeat which is how she first got popular.

My only beef with the album is that those tracks that are on the bonus edition would have been good on the album.

And Salaam was good on this joint, Cherry Wine is probably the best beat on that album along with Queens Story for me. Idk, I just feel everyone want to grade Nas harsher than everyone else because its Nas.

I hated on them because they went at Nas, but yeah it kind of is, at least from a production stand point.:jawalrus:

def. his best work since it was written. I can play the album start thru finish. Best album I've heard in a few years.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Real talk though, Diplomatic Immunity is one of the best rap albums to come out in the past 20 years :mjpls:

Oh major.............DON'T GO! :to:

Everyone on this site harps on it, but they really DID have an absurd two year run or so. From Come Home With Me to Purple Haze, pretty much everything related to them in that time period was pretty good. And more than that, stands the test of time. Listening to shyt like The Blueprint or Stillmatic can be a chore for me nowadays.

But that second disc of Diplomatic Immunity? :whoo:

And that don't just look real, this crook deals coke that whiter than Brooke Shields

:lawd:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:manny: at least you gave reasons. I disagree everything you said except the points about aging emcees and cherry wine being the best beat on the album though

but then again, what's new :mjpls:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Everyone on this site harps on it, but they really DID have an absurd two year run or so. From Come Home With Me to Purple Haze, pretty much everything related to them in that time period was pretty good. And more than that, stands the test of time. Listening to shyt like The Blueprint or Stillmatic can be a chore for me nowadays.

And that don't just look real, this crook deals coke that whiter than Brooke Shields

:lawd:

I prefer chubby Cam to aids lookin Cam. Thought CHWE was shyt, but Purple Haze is that piff. DipSet did have some catchy beats and hooks and a few mixtape tracks

Like these

Last edited by a moderator:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Them Dipset dudes all just look dirty, I mean seriously, got on all that expensive shyt, and still looked unwashed as shyt.

:pachaha: Jim Jones did look musty as fukk.

Unshaven, hasn't brushed his teeth in a couple of days, timbs with no socks...but will have a $2000 leather jacket on with a custom Dipset eagle stitched on the back:skip:

But the streets gravitate towards that, he keeps it trill as the kids say.

The production was tremendous on that whole album. I also give the Dips props too for running that whole sped up sample style into the ground. It was reaching the point of absurdity e.g.:

Wonder what the heatmakers are up to nowadays...

Last edited by a moderator: