Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I forgot where I read this, pretty sure it was Jason Davis.. he said he had seen a lot of people/sites that could've been great but the people never stuck with them and disappeared. And just now the years of plugging away in obscurity were finally reaping benefits for its subjects (like a few American soccer websites that are now decently popular and the explosion of soccer sites now means a low of freelance work for people)

for example runofplay was one of these, and the writer got picked up by grantland and other places, shin guardian, etc. richard whittall at "a more splendid life" was a favorite of mine, and now he's legit and pretty big time in canada's soccer scene

wasting a lot time only to disappear is pretty sad, but i guess it depends on what area the writer is in

Yeah, there are so many goddamn soccer blogs I have bookmarked that haven't been updated in months, but when they were going they were decent to pretty good. Surreal Football is one example that was one of my favorites that tried to merge with some other website and it just went to shyt and now the main dude just freelances for low grade football sites.

Website I'm talking about is a bit of an exception, it went on for about 6 years or so which is a pretty decent run :ehh:

Forza Lecce

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Forza Lecce translate what the commentator said please breh (click the pic)

"Cuadrado, has regained possession on a good ball, Cuadrado, has found good space. Cuadrado goes on his way. One against one. Cuadrado with his feints, Cuadrado in the area, all alone. What a sensational goal!"

I was at that game and am at the end of this video starting at 1:18 and continuing to the end:

I'll be going back to watch the Lecce-Frosinone game on April 14th, and they are the team we are currently five points behind to get the automatic promotion spot to Serie B. Will also be going to the West Ham-Crystal Palace game on the 21st because the Hammers are the team I support in England.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
This is gonna sound random and slightly bizarre (but goddamnit this is a soccer thread which moonlights a random thoughts thread). A website ending just made me sad. I hadn't actually read it in months, the main writer of the website left, my favorite writer on the internet probably ever, and the site went downhill, I stopped reading it, I check today and see that they ended the website on February 7th :sadbron:

Internet can fukk with you sometimes :to:
You should carry on the memory by writing your own :jawalrus:
Nah but really, IMO, the internet is real regarding of what people think. I mean we interact with actual people on it the same way as we do in the real life, so obviously even if it could be slightly different, we feel when events happen above all when we are "attached" somehow to some particular website or poster or whatever. I remember the first (and only) time I played a MMORPG was like 10 years ago. There was this Ultima Online game that I went on, on that particular server. I played for like 1.5 years max and I then decided to dead that habit (yeah, that's persistent worlds for you). From time to time I went to see what was happening in the forums there but the community was dying slow (less ans less members, less and less messages, no actual news, the isometric 3D was getting real old above all etc). A real slow death.
Learnt that the server closed a few weeks ago and it was its actual death so yeah there was some nostalgia even if I didn't care that much. But I enjoyed the game and the community so I felt a little.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
"Cuadrado, has regained possession on a good ball, Cuadrado, has found good space. Cuadrado goes on his way. One against one. Cuadrado with his feints, Cuadrado in the area, all alone. What a sensational goal!"

I was at that game and am at the end of this video starting at 1:18 and continuing to the end:

I'll be going back to watch the Lecce-Frosinone game on April 14th, and they are the team we are currently five points behind to get the automatic promotion spot to Serie B. Will also be going to the West Ham-Crystal Palace game on the 21st because the Hammers are the team I support in England.

Man like Forza Lecce:banderas: I got a question though, I didn't hear "sensazione" or" "sensazionale" but I heard rete. Maybe it's cuz I'm not Italian?

"Che ________ rete"?

By the way must be nice being tall and Italian :wow:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
There is some credence to Mourinho's comments, look here's Eto'o celebrating Cameroon's improbable World Cup victory over Argentina in 1990 on the left :leon:

Cameroon-players-celebrat-011.jpg

Forza Lecce

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man like Forza Lecce:banderas: I got a question though, I didn't hear "sensazione" or" "sensazionale" but I heard rete. Maybe it's cuz I'm not Italian?

"Che ________ rete"?

By the way must be nice being tall and Italian :wow:

Yeah the announcer said "che azione, rete," which would be directly translated into "what an action/move, goal." I changed it a little to make it simpler.