Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
not that I give a fukk about outside opinions, but now we have a simple copy/paste video 4 da haterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :leon:

http://espnfc.com/video/espnfc/video/_/id/1722852/league/usa.1?cc=5901

"People [in Europe] have the view of MLS that it’s an easy league, that you can come here and score goals and it’s going to be easy," Henry explained. "I keep on telling them, ‘It’s not that easy.’ You have to perform, you have to show people here that you can play and they’ll give you your respect, but not before that."

"I keep on telling them, ‘It is not that easy,’ but I guess the guys can only come and try to find out themselves," he argued. "They have to come here and notice, especially one thing that used to be hard for me in the beginning was the travel.

"And also playing through the summer, it’s brutal. Playing two times, 45 minutes and being able to stop and drink only at halftime in Houston, in Dallas or even in New York or in Philly, it is not an easy task. So I say to the guys, ‘If you don’t know about the league then don’t talk. Come and play, and you’ll see.’"

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Just did a bit of predicting brehs

Argentina vs USA on July 4th in a World Cup Quarterfinal is a lock

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
back with internet brehs :blessed:

2 days left in grenada.

Fellaini played good last night :leon:

@Grams link me to the legendary TLR thread please

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I'm always excited for 12pm games but they all involved Russian team and the Russian teams NEVER WIN + the atmosphere is always shyt, so like always I'll be tuning out in the 10th minute..

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
This is gonna sound random and slightly bizarre (but goddamnit this is a soccer thread which moonlights a random thoughts thread). A website ending just made me sad. I hadn't actually read it in months, the main writer of the website left, my favorite writer on the internet probably ever, and the site went downhill, I stopped reading it, I check today and see that they ended the website on February 7th :sadbron:

Internet can fukk with you sometimes :to:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I forgot where I read this, pretty sure it was Jason Davis.. he said he had seen a lot of people/sites that could've been great but the people never stuck with them and disappeared. And just now the years of plugging away in obscurity were finally reaping benefits for its subjects (like a few American soccer websites that are now decently popular and the explosion of soccer sites now means a low of freelance work for people)

for example runofplay was one of these, and the writer got picked up by grantland and other places, shin guardian, etc. richard whittall at "a more splendid life" was a favorite of mine, and now he's legit and pretty big time in canada's soccer scene

wasting a lot time only to disappear is pretty sad, but i guess it depends on what area the writer is in