Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
United has to be in tank mode. No CL which means they gotta allow the Europa League too. Come back fresh next season after Moyes is sacked and win league. Simple as :mitraillette:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
My favored tactic when writing papers was I used to bullshyt for about a page and a half about whatever my topic was and I made it as funny as I could.

Teachers appreciate your humor and novelty over the traditional approaches, mainly because they're reading so many boring ass essays, they come upon yours suddenly you're the cock of the walk. You made them laugh, and that's about as valuable as you breaking down some bullshyt Sylvia Plath poem completely earnestly.

I remember I ranted about Samuel Taylor Coleridge and his harrowing opium addiction for about two pages in one essay I wrote, essentially saying that most writers today ain't shyt and how most people once waking up from epic benders would slink down to Chipotle while Samuel Taylor Coleridge wrote one of the greatest poems in English literature after smoking himself to sleep.

Until I had to write a paper on The Day Of the Locust and ripped into the facade of Hollywood in present day and my English teacher wrote, "very funny paragraphs, but completely unnecessary" :ffs:

He's the one teacher it never worked on. fukker.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
so im transitioning brehs (reaching out musically)

I was listening to this Spotify mix called "Drive Soundtrack" and I stopped on the Chromatics, particularly this song

This is probably really light and low grade electronic music, but i played their first few albums and I am hooked. :wow:

I don't really like those vocals. Felt like they could've been meshed with the music better. With that siad, is Spotify worth it....I'm always looking for new music.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I'm just gonna throw this out there.

Vampire Weekend was the album of the year last year in indie.

Allow me to forecast this year, Real Estate is going to be the album of the year this year.

Though I think if you haven't lived in the suburbs for any period of your life Real Estate won't make any sense to you :yeshrug:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Almost there ockmoud. I'm writing absolute shyte about these past transfer windows :mjlol: but at the same time it works well with showing how teams can kick around money while Serie A is doing none of it :ld:

• Stadium's shyt infrastructure because local councils own the stadiums instead of the actual team privatizing them jawns
  • Hooliganism discouraging people to go games (:yeshrug:)
  • Sky broadcasting every single game so what's the point of going to games
  • Lack of money for big money transfers. Minus Higuain, Strootman was the biggest transfer in the league :mjlol:
  • No money in general (:manny:)
  • Italy got hit by the Great Recession hard in 07 till now
  • Monti's austerity policies. Letta's tax cuts
  • Austerity protests
  • UEFA sharking Italy's coefficient and giving to der Germans
  • Italy's growing debt
  • Serie A's debt
I'm literally out of any other ideas

The lack of a commerical and marketing presences even tho Milan, Juve and Inter are 3 of the biggest clubs in world football, they lack behind the other big teams in europe in that aspect.

Transfer system, where co ownerships and payin for half the rights is the only way young players can get games instead of the normal loan system elsewhere. + Contracts for snr players blockin the path of younger players. Mention Udineses scouting network. SPLa Liga minus the big 2 didnt have a great transfer window spending wise and Spain is more or less in the same situation as Italy is. Any transfer over 8 figures is a big transfer, regardless of how high the figure goes. Like I said Italian teams do more co ownership deals so they rather spend €15m on half the rights of 3-4 players then invest it in 1 player.

The change over from the lire to euro and the effect it had in a 10 year period.

PED test, i think Italy/Serie A have more high profile failed drug tests than any other top leagues.

Too many old fukks run clubs and dont have a vision. Projects wirh new managers last all of 3 games.

Serie A struggled to shake off its Catenaccio tag. Which in turn means its hard to bring outside investment as the produce is seen as boring.

Other than that, you touched on most of, if not all of it.

Dont know if you've come across this in your research

http://www.footballeconomy.com/category/football-leagues/european-leagues/italy-serie

Last edited:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
The lack of a commerical and marketing presences even tho Milan, Juve and Inter are 3 of the biggest clubs in world football, they lack behind the other big teams in europe in that aspect.

Transfer system, where co ownerships and payin for half the rights is the only way young players can get games instead of the normal loan system elsewhere. + Contracts for snr players blockin the path of younger players. Mention Udineses scouting network. SPLa Liga minus the big 2 didnt have a great transfer window spending wise and Spain is more or less in the same situation as Italy is. Any transfer over 8 figures is a big transfer, regardless of how high the figure goes. Like I said Italian teams do more co ownership deals so they rather spend €15m on half the rights of 3-4 players then invest it in 1 player.

The change over from the lire to euro and the effect it had in a 10 year period.

PED test, i think Italy/Serie A have more high profile failed drug tests than any other top leagues.

Too many old fukks run clubs and dont have a vision. Projects wirh new managers last all of 3 games.

Serie A struggled to shake off its Catenaccio tag. Which in turn means its hard to bring outside investment as the produce is seen as boring.

Other than that, you touched on most of, if not all of it.

Dont know if you've come across this in your research

http://www.footballeconomy.com/category/football-leagues/european-leagues/italy-serie
Man likeeeeee. Dap + rep + 72 virgins waiting for you after your passing :blessed:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pissed, was looking forward to seeing Traore play tbh.

If they don't win this game Chelsea are playing for top 3.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oscar has been playing poorly for a coupla weeks now tbh, it's all heavy first touches and moves breaking down once he gets the ball.