Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Morrison vs. West Ham, good read.

Towards the end of last year, Morrison was invited to a meeting with the football agent Mark Curtis to see if he wanted to become one of his clients. Curtis does this a fair bit with Allardyce's players. At West Ham, he either represents or has links with Allardyce, Kevin Nolan, James Tomkins, Jack Collison, Matt Jarvis, Andy Carroll, Jussi Jaaskelainen and Adrian. Look through his history and there is a fairly astounding pattern of players signing up to him from Allardyce teams. He also has a chequered past of his own, with an official warning from the Football Association after the 2008 investigation into Luton Town's illegal transfer dealings.

Morrison was not keen but, since then, his complaint is that he has felt under considerable pressure from Allardyce and Nolan to change his mind, claiming it is brought up on an almost daily basis. His grievance is that he wanted to go into training to learn and improve, not to have endless conversations about an agent he did not want to employ.

West Ham have put this to the relevant people and they strenuously deny it. Curtis says it is "nonsense" but Morrison has become disillusioned with his manager and captain. Allardyce has talked of Morrison complaining about a groin injury when the medical staff could find no problem. Relationships have broken down. A few months ago, Morrison appeared to have the keys to the football universe. Now he cannot wait to get out of the club.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/15/ravel-morrison-west-ham-united-waste

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Should reward the winners of the FA Cup a Spot in CL Qualifying.

Makes no Sense to reward a team finishing 4th all that CL $$$$

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Should reward the winners of the FA Cup a Spot in CL Qualifying.

Makes no Sense to reward a team finishing 4th all that CL $$$$
dont agree with this, FA Cup is down to luck of the draw for the most part. Chelsea is the 2nd best team right now, and got drawn away to the 1st place team.. would be unfair

Montez

Superstar
Daps
dont agree with this, FA Cup is down to luck of the draw for the most part. Chelsea is the 2nd best team right now, and got drawn away to the 1st place team.. would be unfair

Could possibly do some good to address the distribution of wealth in football. Wigan v. Bayern Munich on a Wednesday ftw

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps

They should rig it like the Copa Del Ray :usure:

Anyways the Draw is irrelevant, Chelsea could have avoided them or even faced them at Wembley. It's the final sport for the CL that is being given up.

It gives all the clubs an added incentive and makes the race for 3rd in EPL all the more intriguing

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
OFT mandem, I'm going to Atlantic Citteh for the first time with the broskis next month. Any tips or fashion advice? :lupe:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Never been to Atlantic City but it looks fun. Looks just like a Vegas, but on the beach, so, just regular clothes? :yeshrug:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
House of Cards :banderas:

Just breezed through 4 eps like it was nothing :banderas:

You my mans so this ain't directed at you but I seen a few people, opposing fans esepecially say this :dahell: Like dead ass, Jose doesn't want the FA Cup, he's relieved, Special One does it again :myman: :banderas: :salute:

It's all jokes breh, but there is a little truth to it especially the bold. The league and CL are all that really matters nowadays, if it means less games than going out isn't that much of a blow. :yeshrug:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
anyone here that bets take Monterrey pk, off in 20 minutes

Leon is playing all reserves. Been waiting for this :banderas: .. for a few hours. Didn't know about the situation til then.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
in the mid 90s, that was teh only way to watch the premiership. YOu had to pay $38 to watch a match. :damn:

"Sheffield United vs. Southampton for ONLY $37.95"

Young mastermind: MOM!! DAD!! I WANNA WATCH THAT!
:wow:
Dat privilege :wow:

My dad is a wonderous computer/electronics wiz and we always had that shyt for free :lolbron:

What you know about watching 9/11 coverage on Al-Jazeera :smugfavre:

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
Atlantic city is trash btw...wait trash is too harsh, but its like that broad you expected a lot and then when you get done its just like sour taste in mouth...but also ,here's the thing I'm usually a big believer in the people around you usually make things pop regardless of where you are.