Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
EzvFGN4.gif
I know you kinda have to :ld: react that way :ld: but lets be really real :ld:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know you kinda have to :ld: react that way :ld: but lets be really real :ld:
We have both good and bad games like every other team. Over the last few years we have been involved in some of the most memorable games at the top level. I enjoy watching us play more often than not.

:comeon: at me ever falling for the 'Chelsea are boring' myth perpetuated by butthurt Arsenal fans/media who are all supporters of Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool etc.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
but chelsea ARE a bit more boring than their peers

city have style and turn the goals on, arsenal are arsenal, chelsea suffocate and scrape by rather than win comprehensively or with style

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but chelsea ARE a bit more boring than their peers

city have style and turn the goals on, arsenal are arsenal, chelsea suffocate and scrape by rather than win comprehensively or with style
So just a bit, then? Make up your mind.

I'm hearing the Chelsea are boring myth more nowadays. I guess people can see Mourinho is building something again and they're starting to get shook. I love it. :ahh:

Beating teams into submission > losing 6-3 or Bayern wiping the floor with you in your own stadium.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
So just a bit, then? Make up your mind.

I'm hearing the Chelsea are boring myth more nowadays. I guess people can see Mourinho is building something again and they're starting to get shook. I love it. :ahh:

Beating teams into submission > losing 6-3 or Bayern wiping the floor with you in your own stadium.

You aren't beating teams into submission and what's the point of watching football and not being entertained. I aint getting paid for it so why watch shyt football every 3 days?

Breh lets be reality for a minute. Chelsea under Mourinho were the worst watch til Moyes took over at United. Chelsea have always had great players but the football has been joyless, cold, and boring for no reason. I love the current trio of Oscar, Willian, and Hazard but what's the point if you aren't going to let them cook? Chelsea show in spurts, like Yesterday, they can play but they resort to this shyt football from time to time.

You can be a great defensive team but till have ambitious attacking play.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You aren't beating teams into submission and what's the point of watching football and not being entertained. I aint getting paid for it so why watch shyt football every 3 days?

Breh lets be reality for a minute. Chelsea under Mourinho were the worst watch til Moyes took over at United. Chelsea have always had great players but the football has been joyless, cold, and boring for no reason. I love the current trio of Oscar, Willian, and Hazard but what's the point if you aren't going to let them cook? Chelsea show in spurts, like Yesterday, they can play but they resort to this shyt football from time to time.

You can be a great defensive team but till have ambitious attacking play.
Are brehs seriously trying to tell me how I should feel watching football? :dwillhuh:

I am entertained for the most part. I'm not sure how I'm going to convince you on this but you're just going to have to take my word for it

I'm enjoying watching this group develop and think we're a few pieces away from being a top side. Steve Sidwell has scored more league goals than any of our strikers yet we were top of the table this morning. Safe to say I'm looking forward to the next few years because the potential is clear to see.

We've parked the bus away from home against the top teams, but in the home games we've taken the game to them. We beat City (and were the better team on the day imo) and absolutely battered Liverpool for most of the game the other day. The first half against Liverpool was breathtaking, they couldn't live with us. We haven't lost to any of the other title contenders this season. You didn't have a single shot on goal against us at the Emirates for 85 minutes ffs.

Oh and lets be honest here, Arsenal have the reputation but we all know they don't play good football like that and haven't done so for many years.

1dJ7X7M.png

Call us boring all you want but at least we're getting efforts on goal in:laff:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
1dJ7X7M.png

you seem to forget arsenal were going through with those stats until they got screwed :ufdup:

behave like a typical british football fan with limited knowledge and limited talking points and examples, brehs

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Are brehs seriously trying to tell me how I should feel watching football? :dwillhuh:

I am entertained for the most part. I'm not sure how I'm going to convince you on this but you're just going to have to take my word for it

I'm enjoying watching this group develop and think we're a few pieces away from being a top side. Steve Sidwell has scored more league goals than any of our strikers yet we were top of the table this morning. Safe to say I'm looking forward to the next few years because the potential is clear to see.

We've parked the bus away from home against the top teams, but in the home games we've taken the game to them. We beat City (and were the better team on the day imo) and absolutely battered Liverpool for most of the game the other day. The first half against Liverpool was breathtaking, they couldn't live with us. We haven't lost to any of the other title contenders this season. You didn't have a single shot on goal against us at the Emirates for 85 minutes ffs.

Oh and lets be honest here, Arsenal have the reputation but we all know they don't play good football like that and haven't done so for many years.

1dJ7X7M.png

Is that the same Barcelona game where Bendtner missed the one on one? Same match where Van Persie was sent off? :camby: Thats one of how many? We can all name a good number of matches Chelsea bored us to death with.

We didn't have a shot on goal because yall came and put 10 men behind the ball and nulified us. You had one shot on goal iirc against a team known for going forward and letting teams play. I already commended y'all for the game plan but it wasn't anything to e proud, Dead fish football. Everton gave us more horrors and were just difficult to break down.

And just like yall, we have a striker who is wasteful, Giroud had a great chance he put wide against Chelsea late.

Ultimately, we have our squads and we want to win, it isn't always boring because we're so invested in it but as an outsider Chelsea can be frustrating and boring. Spurs might be the most entertaining of all the clubs. Im usually fair and there is no hate here breh.

:pachaha: the arsenal contingent got extra pretentious in here over the past few hours

funniest part was "arsenal are arsenal" :laff:

Its true :dead: Monday games does that.

As for Arsenal are Arsenal, After 2010/11 the quality of football dropped but quality is returning. The aim has always been quick passing, high tempo football.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
call Chelsea boring, but they really had no other option against Barca. Fans, bytch ass Xavi, UEFA can complain but it's folly to play normal defence against that tiki taka shyt(which IMO is the most boring football). Props to Chelsea for getting the result against a dominant team.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

south london's finest got more gangsta in him than 95% of these starstruck rappers when in the presence of nardwuar :salute:. Straight told man to big up his mom, no flinch. "Yoooouu should big up the high bees. Do it :birdman:"

" :whoa: I love the high bees"

"yeah :lolbron::birdman:"

:laff: