Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Fergie knew what he was doing in getting out before the fall was coming. And it was coming.

United won the league last year because of van Persie scoring on what felt like nearly every chance he got. Defense and midfield was shyt for United last year too but RVP was the difference.

Now he injured again and United dont have anyone as clinical.

TheJaymes

Banned
Daps
As a Chelsea fan. I don't like seeing United like this. But thanks for giving us Wayne Rooney during the summer.:troll:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read redcafe in weeks. The backlog :noah:

Off topic - I had to take my Samsung Galaxy in for repair the other day. They said I'd get my phone back in a week, and having thrown away my old :flabbynsick: Blackberry, I had to cop one I could use for a couple days. I'm trying to save a lil money this year so I went and copped the most basic arse phone for a tenner to keep me online. This piece of shyt right here
5x0h8dP.png
Even my 3 year old niece gave it the :dahell:
But I tell you what....I facking love it. :ohhh:

I forget I even have a phone until it rings. I'm no longer glued to my phone like a fooking zombie. Even before going to sleep I'd browse and be messaging on my smartphone, but with this I'm falling asleep within 10 minutes of my head hitting the pillow. :ohhh:

It literally does nothing besides calls/text and its stand-out feature (torch) is utterly pointless. Might just it regularly even when I get my other one back tbh.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Fergie knew what he was doing? :what:

It couldnt be that he got the Moyes appointment wrong? Y'all really think it was calculated? :what:

I meant in regards to retiring out of nowhere. If Fergie felt that team could win more he would've stayed on. He knew that squad was done and dipped.

When they bought Van Persie it confirmed Ferguson's agenda came before United's because Van Persie was the last thing they needed despite the title he helped them win. 24 million and a 200k a week on a 29 year old with a history of injury problems :patrice:

He kept on going for short term fixes instead of addressing the midfield and defense. Should've rebuilt the team in 2009 when Barca beat them in Rome and if he wasn't ready to rebuild step down.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Fergie knew what he was doing in getting out before the fall was coming. And it was coming.

United won the league last year because of van Persie scoring on what felt like nearly every chance he got. Defense and midfield was shyt for United last year too but RVP was the difference.

Now he injured again and United dont have anyone as clinical.

Defence was ok, midfield needed surgery for a while but who's to say Fergie couldnt have rebuilt the side again like he had done numerous times? Its not like he saw RVP would be getting injured regularly again after a 2 straight years of good fitness so why would he back down from that challenge? Makes no sense really.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I meant in regards to retiring out of nowhere. If Fergie felt that team could win more he would've stayed on. He knew that squad was done and dipped.

When they bought Van Persie it confirmed Ferguson's agenda came before United's because Van Persie was the last thing they needed despite the title he helped them win. 24 million and a 200k a week on a 29 year old with a history of injury problems :patrice:

He kept on going for short term fixes instead of addressing the midfield and defense. Should've rebuilt the team in 2009 when Barca beat them in Rome and if he wasn't ready to rebuild step down.
A player of RVP's quality available you have to sign him. He could have rebuilt the side again and he was doing that its just the midfield that hadnt been looked at, He was signing young players for GK,defence,and attack but we didnt have the funds to do it all in one summer. If he had stayed that would have been this last summer.its easy to make assumptions that this was calculated by Fergie especially now its all gone pear shaped but the reality is with RVP it all pointed to him being over his injury probs as he played 2 full seasons with no injuries which he had probably never done in his entire career. Fergie had rebuilt the side many many times. Why would he run from that now?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Defence was ok, midfield needed surgery for a while but who's to say Fergie couldnt have rebuilt the side again like he had done numerous times? Its not like he saw RVP would be getting injured regularly again after a 2 straight years of good fitness so why would he back down from that challenge? Makes no sense really.
nah breh, your defense was poor. like 5th or 6th in goals conceded.

And we all knew RVP had a limited shelf life. Go back and read the posts from when RVP was sold on here. White strikers dont have long shelf lives, especially ones with injury pasts. :mjpls:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
RE: the retiring out of nowhere thing, He always said he wouldnt make the mistake he made last time of annoucing his retirement at the start of the season given its impact so it was entirely unexpected. we all new when it happened it would be exactly like that.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been waiting more than a decade for this season :blessed: fucc utd :pacspit:

Balotelli as a gooner

Wumger and swagotelli trolling the league together would be just :noah:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Getting a basic ass phone is probably best for most people I reckon. I know for me I probably wouldn't miss much. Not going on the coli or facebook or twitter every hour of the day? Ok I'll go on the computer and would probably spend a lot less time on that shyt.

Not being able to play Plants v. Zombies 2? Please, I'm an adult.

It just makes you wonder how much time you'd have for other things, like that Seinfeld episode where Kramer takes 20 minute naps every three hours which gives him 2 more days of being awake every week.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
nah breh, your defense was poor. like 5th or 6th in goals conceded.

And we all knew RVP had a limited shelf life. Go back and read the posts from when RVP was sold on here. White strikers dont have long shelf lives, especially ones with injury pasts. :mjpls:

Well under Fergie's last 2 years, defence was going thru changes as Rio and Vidic where aging but Jones and Smalling were added to the squad. How old are they? Evans also probably most consistent performer.Problem was that till Rio/Vidic leave we hadnt had a new settled first choice back 4 but that par tof the rebuild was already in place.