Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
The Champions League doesn't have the 32 best teams in Europe either.The fifth best team in the Premiership is better than a lot of automatic qualifiers for the champions league.

It's still the hardest cup competition in the world to win though.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
The lesser Euro sides only know how to spoil and that includes England.

yup

mired in mediocrity with a clear 10% of teams always top class, 80% of teams mostly spoilers with no style, and 10% of teams in the hopeless class

world cup isnt about the football, its about the occasion. and having montenegro and slovakia in there just makes things worse. and you know these teams arent going to go deep or win it anyway, and if they do it by making it ugly. so i'd rather see a more volatile team with quality and style that will lose clearly than a cookie-cutter team that's just gonna flood midfield and stop everything in its tracks

once you get down to it WC is an opportunity to see players and teams you havent seen before.. and the same teams win it all every time anyway. so you might as well make getting to the big games more entertaining.

concise

Veteran
Daps
yup

mired in mediocrity with a clear 10% of teams always top class, 80% of teams mostly spoilers with no style, and 10% of teams in the hopeless class

world cup isnt about the football, its about the occasion. and having montenegro and slovakia in there just makes things worse. and you know these teams arent going to go deep or win it anyway, and if they do it by making it ugly. so i'd rather see a more volatile team with quality and style that will lose clearly than a cookie-cutter team that's just gonna flood midfield and stop everything in its tracks

once you get down to it WC is an opportunity to see players and teams you havent seen before.. and the same teams win it all every time anyway. so you might as well make getting to the big games more entertaining

If only Tahiti qualified for next year as well. :ohlawd:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Plum.

Bosnia :comeon:

Switzerland :snooze:

Greece :ban:

Ukraine? :childplease:

Iceland or Croatia? :scusthov:

According to the older heads theres not been a good world cup since 86. As soon as they flooded the tourney with all these eurobums it turnt stale. The World Cup cannot prosper until the Euro percentage is curtailed.

Funny how the Confed Cup was the best tourney for 10 years and they had just 2 Euro teams, good Euro teams. The lesser Euro sides only know how to spoil and that includes England.

1986 World Cup had 24 teams.
14 of them were from Europe.

:dwillhuh: Argument is dissonant.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Don't fukk like Little Vic and the Akers, he'll get at you :ufdup:

I've really only found 2 arguments though as to why it's bad (1) tradition of the captain choosing the sleeve length which ok, I guess I can see that in the whole context of sports, teams, traditions blah blah blah, I don't really care but I could see why people do.

(2) Because those shirts get auctioned off to help charities. Anyone who doesn't want a Flamini sleeves-butchered-off game worn shirt is a fukking liar.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kit man getting too big for his boots imho.

Flamini gonna hit him with the
1EvDN8R.gif
for the rest of the season. :ufdup: