Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
breh, you take this thread waaay too serious.
now now... he just has a lot of enthusiasm.. we've all been there, and we've all worked past it

I see it a lot in newer American soccer fans (I don't know QBM's situation) on places like twitter and tumblr and it annoys the fukk outta me

it seems lifelong followers already have the :aicmon: face on by the age where they can start thinking negatively about things

he'll come to a point where everything just shifts and he becomes a cynical football fan c*nt like the rest of us (or maybe not, we don't know how this goes)

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
and I refuse to do mock draws because I know too much about all the teams in the World Cup, to the point where I think every single team is dangerous

every single draw I've seen looks :huhldup: to me

and I saw someone call a Switzerland/USA/Chile/Ukraine draw good and I just went :huhldup::snoop: so it's no use

maybe that IS a good draw, I don't even know

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Hoping France doesn't draw Portugal in the playoffs.*gulp*:merchant:

Portugal's counter attack.:no: France wants none of. I'd probably still pick them to win though.

Hopefully Blatter does something right for once and rigs it for them to draw Iceland or somefin.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Bielsa wanted the Mexico job and FMF turned him down. That's what happens when club owners have a hand in hiring the national coach.

No matter who Mexico hires, if Mexico makes the World Cup.... Not only will they go out in the group stage but they will also draw the GOD.... and if Mexico ain't there then the USMNT will get it. I ain't saying that CONCACAF is great and all but the UEFA/CONMEBOL superiority complex is about to go full throttle. It's a very long shot but CONCACAF needs to do well... like I hope 3 out of 4 make the knockout rounds. :sadcam:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Ross Barkley in FIFA 14 :wow:

Barkley at times looks like black excellence doesn't he? My man has the Norman Osborn tidal waves sometimes.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I love how Xabi Alonso was like "I want to join New York or Los Angeles"
gif.png

and NY/LA both went "yeaaaaaaaah... about thaaaaaaaaaaat"
QkqAYyB.png

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Ross Barkley in FIFA 14 :wow:

Barkley at times looks like black excellence doesn't he? My man has the Norman Osborn tidal waves sometimes.
I swear this boy's Nigerians heritage has to go all the way the fukk back.

aliG

Pro
Daps
if your nation qualifies for the World Cup and they do so qualifying #1 in the group, is there any extra advantage they get than say being #2?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Liverpool Legend would sell out Redbull Arena

:banderas:

I'd even buy a Jersey
he'd be the midfielder we went for with that utter flop juninho :blessed:

if your nation qualifies for the World Cup and they do so qualifying #1 in the group, is there any extra advantage they get than say being #2?
no, not on on paper.

in europe #1 means you're in automatically and #2 means you need to play a playoff. but in other countries it means nothing, except by virtue of winning msot games you get more points for the fifa rankings, which is based on last 4 years of results.

top 8 get 'seeds' which means you wont get drawn in any killer groups (most of the time)

so you get a team like uruguay that finished 5th in south america and is in the playoffs, but based on world cup results is still a seed.

but then on the flip side you have colombia and belgium, who haven't qualified for a long time but finished 1st in their groups and they're seeds.

so its not a direct correlation that finishing 1st means you get something out of it, but it helps in the rankings. japan finished 1st in asia, but it gets no advantage cause they haven't done that well in world competitions.

USA finished 1st in north america, but they havent gotten deep enough in the world cup or won enough friendlies against top teams to be a seed (though we got pretty close)

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/index.html