Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

LLMR

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dont think France are shyt. Just that the players can't seem to play as a team :manny:

The main problem is France have too many good players and very few great players. There is no hierarchy whatsoever.

Then there is no creative midfielder you can really count on. Ribéry is our best player and he needs to be surrounded by creative players or he is bound to run around like a fool. The fact that Valbuena is our best playmaker doesn't cut it. Nasri is... Nasri. Grenier is too young, don't really know if he will be THAT good.

Our full backs are shyt.

Forgot about them. But I'm not really aware of the young players. Yeah you can replace Benzia with Griezmann. From what I saw he's better. For Grenier I though he was older than 23.

Yeah it feels like Grenier has been around longer that he actually has...

I think Sakho is 23/24 though. Kurt Zouma holds some promise as a central defender.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
F1 brehs, was there a good reason for making a movie about Lauda/Hunt over Senna/Prost?

serious question, im only a fringe F1 fan and i was fed the senna kool aid when i lived in his old neighborhood

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
F1 brehs, was there a good reason for making a movie about Lauda/Hunt over Senna/Prost?

serious question, im only a fringe F1 fan and i was fed the senna kool aid when i lived in his old neighborhood

have u not seen the great senna film?

lauda/hunt was before all our times so i guess its good to see a old rivalry we might not fully know about

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

Good reason? Eh, probably not. Senna/Prost isn't the most tragic F1 story, but it has that amazing mix of tragedy, success, and character that just begs to be exploited. I think what Ron Howard would have seen though is a story that's been done to death, even if not on a grand scale. Also, with Prost and Senna, you're going to have to do some character embellishment, as neither were shining beacons of charisma. Senna was the quiet intense type who only boiled over vocally when pushed, and Prost was very, very, very, very, very, very French. He'd make the most dismissive and damning comments at barely over a whisper.

James Hunt is THE character in F1 history. Like, they'll probably turn him down for the movie. This is a guy who basically sold his wife for a million dollars. Dude would be hung the fukk over, puking his guts out in the garage before a race. Doing amazing amounts of coke. fukking in closets minutes before he was due on track. Showing up to red carpet events rocking no shoes with his dog in tow. But in the car, he was just a natural.

Lauda, just the complete polar opposite. The intensed, focused type, but he was very vocal throughout his career. Then add in they were roommates before they both made it, and the tragedy and triumph of their battle in '76, and I can see why Howard chose it.

Senna and Prost's story, on the track, is probably better. But Lauda and Hunt are infinitely more interesting people. Senna and Prost are the type of brehs you read books about and become fascinated by as people break down the nuances in their character. They're not meant for two hours.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Not to mention, Senna being portrayed as a hero and Prost a villain is awful. As the reality is they were both over-aggressive, self-righteous, contentious a$$holes who never admitted to a single one of their million wrong doings. A true depiction of their story gives you a movie with two villains.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Not to mention, Senna being portrayed as a hero and Prost a villain is awful. As the reality is they were both over-aggressive, self-righteous, contentious @ssholes who never admitted to a single one of their million wrong doings. A true depiction of their story gives you a movie with two villains.
:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: now youre dancin on hallowed ground breh :to:

also james hunt sounds like he fits that description too tbh :ld:

short descriptions of rush so far cast it as lauda's story, but the trailers are all hunt :lupe:

but word to the book/movie juxtaposition

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: now youre dancin on hallowed ground breh :to:

also james hunt sounds like he fits that description too tbh :ld:

short descriptions of rush so far cast it as lauda's story, but the trailers are all hunt :lupe:

but word to the book/movie juxtaposition
Yeah, it's going to be Lauda's story. As well. HISTORICAL SPOILER

Lauda nearly dies in the German grand prix. He crashes, is hit by another car, and his car bursts into flames. He's stuck in the car for a little while before he's removed. He gets no points for that race, and misses the next two. But the thing is, he'd been DOMINATING the championship before then. Had about twice Hunt's points, but Hunt wins in Germany, and with Lauda gone, goes on a run. Lauda comes back, looking like

Before:
lauda01_010876.jpg

After:
niki-lauda.jpg

Is way off of his previous peformance and ultimately loses the championship to Hunt by one point.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Yeah, it's going to be Lauda's story. As well. HISTORICAL SPOILER

Lauda nearly dies in the German grand prix. He crashes, is hit by another car, and his car bursts into flames. He's stuck in the car for a little while before he's removed. He gets no points for that race, and misses the next two. But the thing is, he'd been DOMINATING the championship before then. Had about twice Hunt's points, but Hunt wins in Germany, and with Lauda gone, goes on a run. Lauda comes back, looking like

Before:
lauda01_010876.jpg

After:
niki-lauda.jpg

Is way off of his previous peformance and ultimately loses the championship to Hunt by one point.
yeah i think i remember the theatrical trailer touching on this

cant wait for this film :yeshrug:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Man, the US better win this match tonight..... I don't wanna think about an meltdown scenario that we either don't qualify or we end up in the 4th place play-off round vs New Zealand. I'm over the loss to Costa Rica but I think JK is setting us up for future failure. I'm particularly upset with JK decision to send back John Anthony Brooks to Germany and not calling up Sacha Kljestan and Terrance Boyd to the roster for the Mexico match. If I was manager, Jermaine Jones would be benched for the lackluster play that has been consistently bad since this summer and the s**tty form against Costa Rica. JK gambled with the worst part of the US team... the backline and he got burned for it. He also should have rewarded Beckerman and even Parkhurst for their good Gold Cup run instead of playing Orozco and playing Cameron out of position. He need to get this ship back on course and send a message by beating Mexico to help make sure that they are watching the world cup on TV next year. This would have been my XI if JK would have called up Kljestan and Boyd..... It's the best one I can think of considering all of the suspensions that we have.........

---------T. Boyd-------------------Johannsson--------
-F. Johnson----------Donovan---------Bedoya-----
----------Kljestan---------------------Beckerman-----
-Beasley------Brooks-----Goodson---Parkhurst---

This is the XI I hope to see.......... I don't want to play Jones but Kljestan isn't on the roster. Give Jones another chance>>>>>Playing someone else out of position.

------------Donovan-------Johannsson---------------
-F. Johnson---------Diskerud------------Bedoya---
-------Jones(Uggh)-------------Beckerman---------
-Beasley----Orozco----Goodson-------Davis------

This is what I expect JK to do.... UGHHH!!!!!!!

----Dempsey(UGGH)------E. Johnson(UGHH)-
-F. Johnson-------Donovan-----J. F. Torres-----
------Jones(UGGH)-------------Beckerman-------
-Beasley----Gonzo(UGGH)-Orozco----Davis---

Dempsey and Jones need to be benched.

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.

Hate the lineup but I recognize we're kinda handcuffed by options.

Hopefully we're qualified by end of the night. Don't expect it though.