Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Its Gilver...why do we take anything he says seriously?

Because, clearly, over the years i have proven myself to be one of the most knowledgeable people here when it comes to football, wumming aside.

I don't respect your opinion because i've never seen you make a good point about anything. Sorry.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Because, clearly, over the years i have proven myself to be one of the most knowledgeable people here when it comes to football, wumming aside.

I don't respect your opinion because i've never seen you make a good point about anything. Sorry.

yawn...this pasty ginger seriously said Rafael will be the best RB in the league next season...and we are supposed to give you serious responses. fukk outta here

EDIT: for real though your cool, you just got me with the wind up. I digress

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

:manny:

You clearly do know that i know what i'm talking about, you're having a hissy fit because i said i don't respect your opinion.

Instead of doing that, why don't you try and express an opinion that isn't utter shyte and we can go from there.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
yawn...this pasty ginger seriously said Rafael will be the best RB in the league next season...and we are supposed to give you serious responses. fukk outta here

EDIT: for real though your cool, you just got me with the wind up. I digress

There's no wind up here.

Rafael is a very promising young player with bags of potential. If you cannot see and recognise this potential, then i have to question whether you have a clue what you're talking about, do you understand where i'm coming from?

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
:manny:

You clearly do know that i know what i'm talking about, you're having a hissy fit because i said i don't respect your opinion.

Instead of doing that, why don't you try and express an opinion that isn't utter shyte and we can go from there.

In all seriousness though, Sagna is and will be the best RB in the league. If you cant respect that then :yeshrug:

Excuse my hyperbole on Rafael, he is good and i like his game...but i cant call him the best or near the best RB in the league.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Not a huge fan of warm fish unless it's been processed to within a inch of evaporation and it's been coated by breadcrumbs.

So i doubt cold fish is for me.
I find cooked salmon fairly repulsive, but smoked salmon is :ahh:

Cooked sea bass is crack. It's not steak obvs, but it feels nice to eat light sometimes.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
In all seriousness though, Sagna is and will be the best RB in the league. If you cant respect that then :yeshrug:

Excuse my hyperbole on Rafael, he is good and i like his game...but i cant call him the best or near the best RB in the league.

Sagna is a solid player. And is probably the best RB by default due to a general dearth of quality right backs.

But Rafael has far more in his locker going forward, where Sagna is quite average, and if he can mature(even more) defensively, and stay clear of injuries, then it is very much in the realms of possibility that he can establish him as one of the best, if not the best.

I never said he already was, but he's up there ALREADY.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
watching u de chile/o'higgins, chile needs 2 goals just to tie the aggregate and things are getting chippy, 55th minute

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Sagna is a solid player. And is probably the best RB by default due to a general dearth of quality right backs.

But Rafael has far more in his locker going forward, where Sagna is quite average, and if he can mature(even more) defensively, and stay clear of injuries, then it is very much in the realms of possibility that he can establish him as one of the best, if not the best.

I agree, Rafael does have more attacking prowess in his locker than Bacary. BUT i think Sagna does more than enough going forward, in addition to him being an absolute ROCK in the back. He is the complete package. Rafael still is a bit injury prone and has some maturing to do like you said defensively.

I apologize for the earlier back and forth...not used to having mature discussions with Gilver :shaq:

EDIT: I see a lot of similarity in Gibbs and Rafael to be honest. Both will one day be VERY good, but not right now.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I always have mature discussions in here :manny:

This isn't a tournament thread or something.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I had a good discussion with a Liverpool supporting pal earlier and it had me ready for club football.

-----------------De Gea-----------------

Rafael---Rio/Evans--Vidic--Evra/Baines

-------Carrick------Anderson/T-Clev---

Valencia--------Kagawa-----------Nani
-----------------Rooney-----------------

:ahh:

Not to mention all the options off the bench. :noah:

Maybe i've brain washed myself because it doesn't look like we'll be buying a CM, but i'm very excited to see Anderson back, he's got some unfair stick of late, truth is last season he was in incredible form then got injured, hardly his fault :yeshrug:.

I'm also excited to see a fit T-Clev on a regular basis.

Baines will be a GREAT if not exotic addition. I'm loving how English we are now, not out of xenaphobia or anything, because it's good to have foreigners, because all english is boring, but ey, having english players :bow:. Especially te young english players that we have.

It also can't be overlooked that we'll be getting the best CB on the planet back.

Let me say it again, THE BEST CB ON THE PLANET, it can't be overstated.

Vidic :bow:

De Gea, one of the best goalkeepers in the league at 21:wow:

Kagawa ffs!

I'm excited, let's get it :ahh: