Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
The thing I find offensive about the Ronay piece (which I just read) is the shockingly long-winded and tedious way in which he goes about it. Exercise in linguistic fukkery, it is.

That and he is a Premier League apologist. When people talk about the best league in the world every day and you get a high profile 0-0 all of a sudden it's okay and part of the fabric of the game :rolleyes:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/08/31/uk-soccer-champions-copenhagen-idUKBRE97U08720130831

FC Copenhagen fans with non-Danish sounding names had their Champions League tickets cancelled because of the club's security policy, a Danish newspaper reported.

Joy turned to anger for fans who purchased three-match packages - for the Group B home ties against Real Madrid, Juventus and Galatasary - but then received emails stating their tickets had been cancelled "for security reasons."

"This is the most degrading thing I have ever experienced," Copenhagen fan Masoud Barid told Danish newspaper Ekstrabladet.

"I have no relationship to any of the three teams Copenhagen are due to play. I just want to go in and support my team."

The Danish champions have encouraged fans whose ticket purchases were cancelled to contact them directly.

"Safety is always our main concern when it comes to events at Parken (stadium). Therefore we make every effort to ensure that fans of our guests only have access to the away section," FC Copenhagen club secretary Daniel Rommedahl said.

"If a dialogue with the customer shows otherwise, the purchase will be approved.

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused but it's a necessary action in relation to the matches and UEFA's rules and Parken's security procedures."

I love this :leon:

It's ridiculously possibly racist, but what better way to weed out the Mexicans.. I mean non-Copenhagen fans? Works because Denmark is like 95% Danes, would be impossible here though.

Kind of a lazy way of weeding out the posers.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
The thing I find offensive about the Ronay piece (which I just read) is the shockingly long-winded and tedious way in which he goes about it. Exercise in linguistic fukkery, it is.

That and he is a Premier League apologist. When people talk about the best league in the world every day and you get a high profile 0-0 all of a sudden it's okay and part of the fabric of the game :rolleyes:

His Friday pieces are always those long-winded, vocab lessons. They're actually his best pieces tbh. He's pretty boring when he's actually doing his job and he's boring on football weekly.

I thought it was a pretty good slant on things though. People in the US, especially those getting into soccer for the first time, wholeheartedly, never want to admit that it is a bit boring. That you can watch numerous matches that are boring. They never admit this because soccer is still the pariah sport in the US, and being a part of it you are a pariah as well. So you could never admit that something that you're supposed to like is boring, that you've shunned all the other sports (which are also boring, another day, another post) for this boring sport. Some people will admit to it, but most are too prideful for that. And when an actual good match comes about that of course presents the opportunity to say, "Told you so :smugfavre:"

I like the comment with the idea of awarding no points in nil-nil draws. Wengbot would cream his pants. I've actually always liked the Emirates Cup way of doing things. And Weng was onto another thing when he was talking about doing kick-ins instead of throw-ins. A man devoid of transfer ideas, tactical ideas, sartorial ideas, but not a man bereft of irrelevant football ideas I'll tell you what.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My boys hammering Derby yet again. We don't lose to these. 3-0 away from home, something I never thought I'd say.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
paul ince has blackpool 1st :wow: black excellence:blessed:

Who's it shyt for? Moses is a talent. I'd rather have him playing than Henderson.
they play 2 different positions :beli:

------
and how long before levy goes in for redmond?? :pachaha: