Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Enjoyed Pete Campbell's struggles and how his character evolved tbf. Wait till you get to Pete and Trudy killing the charleston :wow:

The first few seasons are brilliant and the slow pace is a nice break from the norm. Charlie Brooker nailed it - Charlie Brooker's screen burn | Television & radio | The Guardian

Think I'll let the show end before I get back into it :ehh:

Another thing I've noticed which might be an observation that's repeated a lot (idk, I try to avoid searching anything about mad men because if you do you'll run into minor/major spoiler just because of an innocuous search) is that Don is a hack. His campaigns and ideas seem worthless and trivial yet all the other characters reinforce his ego and stature. Which is true of all the characters. It's brilliant writing, to have such flimsy yet simultaneously deep characters, all maintaining a facade that is often very shallow which they willingly ignore.

It's very good stuff.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
BdSAlxU.gif

:blessed: Karma

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
watched the first 3 seasons of Mad Men and couldn't be arsed to carry on observing rich white folks in the 60s. enjoyed each episode, but didnt develop that thirst for it that keeps me coming back

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
watched the first 3 seasons of Mad Men and couldn't be arsed to carry on observing rich white folks in the 60s. enjoyed each episode, but didnt develop that thirst for it that keeps me coming back

That's funny. My brother said the same thing, the show was way too white for him. I'm usually able to look past things like that :manny:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Took 4 times and 63 questions to get Gideon Zelalem. :ehh:

Pftt. He got the boy Bertrand Traore with about 10 questions.*

*That may or may not be true. :mjpls:

Another thing I've noticed which might be an observation that's repeated a lot (idk, I try to avoid searching anything about mad men because if you do you'll run into minor/major spoiler just because of an innocuous search) is that Don is a hack. His campaigns and ideas seem worthless and trivial yet all the other characters reinforce his ego and stature. Which is true of all the characters. It's brilliant writing, to have such flimsy yet simultaneously deep characters, all maintaining a facade that is often very shallow which they willingly ignore.

It's very good stuff.

Some of Don's pitches are cliché as fook, particularly the Kodak one, but I still enjoyed them. :guilty:

Yeah Don isn't nearly as smart as he's portrayed to be but that adds to his character if anything. He's deceiving people into believing he's somebody else, both personally and professionally, and he's making it up as he goes along.

Summed up my thoughts, and you gave up earlier than I did.

I think you'll enjoy The Americans breh. Shout out to @Equanimity for showing us the light. :bow:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Is The Americans really real deal Holyfield? Post-Luther, and after I catch up on Hannibal (which if you haven't watched, jelly + self) I'mma need something.

And the overbearing whiteness of Mad Men is something I can't deal with. I usually give no fukks about all white everything shows, but just the thing about this being a period piece during civil unrest but before it blew over erks me. I can't help but feel a part of the allure for white people in this show is it being this golden era of upper-middle American opulence before integration.

Like when I walked out of Gatsby and overheard a "What's with all the random shots of black people?" conversation.

I think I just have a prejudice against anything set before 196something.

That is EASILY the most militant thing I've ever posted. I'mma go listen to the Chromatics and but tickets to a Two Door Cinema Club concert now.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is The Americans really real deal Holyfield? Post-Luther, and after I catch up on Hannibal (which if you haven't watched, jelly + self) I'mma need something.

And the overbearing whiteness of Mad Men is something I can't deal with. I usually give no fukks about all white everything shows, but just the thing about this being a period piece during civil unrest but before it blew over erks me. I can't help but feel a part of the allure for white people in this show is it being this golden era of upper-middle American opulence before integration.

Like when I walked out of Gatsby and overheard a "What's with all the random shots of black people?" conversation.

I think I just have a prejudice against anything set before 196something.

That is EASILY the most militant thing I've ever posted. I'mma go listen to the Chromatics and but tickets to a Two Door Cinema Club concert now.
The Americans is fa'real fa'real.

It's now just dawning on me how much stuff I watch. :patrice:

Think I'm gonna take a break once Breaking Bad is finished. OK, not a break break but watch something light like Community or some shyt and just chill for a bit. :guilty:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

Think I'm gonna take a break once Breaking Bad is finished. OK, not a break break but watch something light like Community or some shyt and just chill for a bit. :guilty:
Oh, you're gonna sit out a fall tv season huh :mjpls:

One of those 40 new shows is bound to be piff, and guess what thread you're going to be ranting about it in?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
New Mixes brehs, more of a beat/re-edit/re-fix centered series of mixes. Vibe to them brehs!
:ohlawd:

TSMS Vol 3
Tracklist
++ ESTA - “She Brings The Rain”
++ Janet Jackson - “ Someone To Call My Lover” {Giraffage Remix}
++ SNAKEHIPS - “On & On” {Warren Xclince Re-Edit}
++ Jneiro Jarel - “Amazonica”
++ Zo aka La chauve souris - “Be Allright”
++ Elaquent - “The Official”
++ Maxwell - “Bad Habits” {GDNA ReFix}
++ JayLotus - “Butterfly” {Herbie Hancock Remake}
++ Little Dragon - “Fortune” {Afta-1 Remix}
++ Slum Village - “Faster” {Deep Shoq Remix}
++ Mister Lies - “Cleam”

TSMS Vol 4
Tracklist

++ Onra - “My Comet”
++ Lapti - “Phat”
++ Slum Village - “Climax” {Sango Remix}
++ Velvet Montoya - “White Women”
++ Theophilus London ft Jesse Boykins - “Ooos and Ahhs”
++ Fullcrate - “Bobby & Melinda”
++ Mike Slott - “Lightbridge”
++ Mikos Da Gawd - “Shake It Off”
++ Jeni - “Suit & Tie Remake”
++ Quadron - “ [un]Average Fruit” {Ahmed Sirour Remix}

again :whew:

That Suit and Tie remake had me :noah:

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

Thing is I don't watch anything at all.

There was a period where I literally watched every Charlie Brooker program on repeat. I think I've seen every screen wipe, weekly wipe and news wipe numerous times.

The last drama I've watched is the sopranos. Mad Men is nice