Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Campbell, Vieira and Henry are top three, in quite an obvious order. Sol has an argument for first, a lot of other clubs got sonned there, paddy and henry came here with their tails between their legs, a la bergkamp.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mikel in Brazil

6HtWpli.jpg

:dead:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah just in terms of plucking that gangly, basic looking player from a basic club for basic money and him developing into a £25m juggernaut. Shyt was shrewd as shyt. Most of his other "miracle" buys have been from major clubs, were wanted by major clubs (Pires rejected Madrid) or he played the system (Anelka)

You're right, always thought it was real low because he went on strike. Might've mixed him up with Van Persie.

You have to factor in how badly Adebayor's been since he was sold. How Arsene got 25 million for Adebayor is beyond amazing.

Freddie, Kolo, and Adebayor are another level to the others imo. He completely changed Cesc and Henry's games but they could've been successes anywhere.

lolz at Adebayor being top 5 becuase Mark Hughes/City spent 25m on him.

The same idiots who spent 18m on Roque Santa Cruz who had a year left on his contract and another 18m on De Jong in January 2009 when his contract was expiring that summer.

Shrewd and amazing work by Wenger there :comeon:

Adebayor doesn't even come close to top 5.

Eoin

Pro
Daps
To all the Uruguayan fukks on here :pacspit:

and a massive :pacspit: to that fukk boy suarez

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I forgot to mention this earlier but :heh: @ Samba goin back to Russia like a happy camper.

Does this make him cornball brother status :mjpls:

Nothing wrong about him being sold by Anzhi in January for 12 million and then being bought back by them in June for 12.5 million. :ehh: Seems legit.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
No surprise that the Iberians prevented the plane that was allegedly carrying Snowy from landing, spineless fukks :pacspit:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Campbell, Vieira and Henry are top three, in quite an obvious order. Sol has an argument for first, a lot of other clubs got sonned there, paddy and henry came here with their tails between their legs, a la bergkamp.

That's why I don't include them. He got the best out of them but they weren't incredible finds imo. Good players who weren't used correctly. Doesn't diminish their impact and legacy.

I have to ask, before Sol's press conference was it known he was going Arsenal or was it some big surprise? Can't find footage of that press conference anywhere. :mindblown:

lolz at Adebayor being top 5 becuase Mark Hughes/City spent 25m on him.

The same idiots who spent 18m on Roque Santa Cruz who had a year left on his contract and another 18m on De Jong in January 2009 when his contract was expiring that summer.

Shrewd and amazing work by Wenger there :comeon:

Adebayor doesn't even come close to top 5.

You sleeping on Adebayor. Decent striker but he was a revelation at Arsenal. He has no great or outstanding quality but he quickly became one of the hottest properties in football.

And it wasn't only City sniffing around him. City were just dumb enough to buy from Wenger. Same thing with Nasri :why:

I need more time to include him

Eduardo coulda been the GOAT Wenger signing :to:

Kos has probably been my favorite defender other than Sol. A year out of Ligue 2 and quickly growing into one of the best in Europe. Took a real chance on him when folks were asking for Samba :comeon: and Cahill :ld:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Messi on full Suge mode:birdman:

The event was billed as Messi and Friends. But the Argentine soccer great didn't make many of those in the lead-up to his scheduled charity game Wednesday at the Coliseum.

The match, one in a series of games involving Lionel Messi and more than a dozen top international stars, was canceled Tuesday, about 26 hours before kickoff. And that gave way to a blistering attack from Ralina Shaw, the vice-president of public relations for El Padrino Spirits, one of the event sponsors.

A release from Shaw's public relations firm said the game was canceled when Messi chose not to participate. Messi, who was scheduled to play a charity game Tuesday night in Peru, could not be reached for comment.

"In all the years I've been doing live events, I have never encountered a situation like this," Shaw said. "It's unfortunate because the only losers in this scenario are the fans that were looking forward to the game."

The match appeared to be on shaky ground from the moment it was announced. Promoters held one news conference and did little publicity or community outreach despite the fact tickets had a face value of up to $300 and the game was scheduled during the busiest week of the soccer calendar in Southern California, one featuring visits by five national teams, including the U.S. and Mexico, two Mexican club teams and an Independence Day game with the MLS champion Galaxy.

Messi, it appears, did even less work promoting the game.

"After hours of trying to convince Lionel Messi's management team to fulfill their contractual agreement and come to Los Angeles, it is clear they have no respect for these fans and this market," Todd Graham, CEO of El Padrino, said in a statement.

Ticket purchasers seeking refunds are asked to contact Ticketmaster.com

Lionel Messi loses friends when charity game in L.A. is canceled - latimes.com

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Watching the Ghana vs Portugal U-20. I had to really focus on the jerseys to see who was who. Nearly this entire Portugal team is African.

#BlackExcellence :mjpls: