Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
12d2710adb8f11e2b79722000aeb11d7_7.jpg

tumblr_mc3tsoq4Ix1r0xgxf.gif
:wow:

Thats my GOAT :to:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Brehs, its the national team, when has any top player been expected to perform at the highest level at the NT? I mean Phat Ronaldo did that..

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
mmm

too much nuthugging today over an average performance. in fact every neymar performance has been average.

It's astounding that people who have reportedly played football, or others who have assumedly watched football for 'decades' are being caught up in the neymar hype, even going so far as to regret previous assertions and opinions just because he scored a goal at international level.

international level has long been the wasteland of world football. the champions league has taken over as the apogee of football, and has since donned the garb as the most arduous and difficult test for any footballer. it has proven tough since its inception to consistently display excellence in the latter stages of the tournament, and is the ultimate barometer to which players in the 21st century must prove their mettle.

messi has numerous times proved his mettle in the champions league. it is for this reason why people somewhat give him a pass at international level. yes, he's been an abject failure at the international level, subjected to base fukkwittery in management and let down by decidedly awful performances from teammates who for all intents and purposes should be able to deliver on the international stage.

as gos has said, people aren't even really asking for messi to prove himself at the international level, just carry to the team to the semis or further and the GOAT crown is his. the bar is set incredibly low.

neymar on the other hand has plied his trade in a culture and league in which his own brand of currency is king. commercials, women, long acres of grass for him to display his 'technical' pyrotechnics to make kids oooo and ahhhhhh. this of course in short means fukk all, so when he performs on an international level (in a second rate tournament where the majority of other top teams are exhausted from a crammed calendar) it is inverted in comparison to messi. he's performing, but it essentially means nothing, the same way in which messi in the champions league and domestic play is innocuous and quaint in comparison. there are still levels in which to prove himself. in short his career, his tricks, his freekicks are worthless. there is still much to be asked, and as frush pointed out, it's likely already been answered.

myself, i'd like to think of neymar for what he is. a corporate nike shill, fed to those who still long for brazil to be some powerhouse in football, people satiated through gollsss and trickkkkzzz though ignoring the fact that brazil has been long passed by european juggernauts who have been churning out talent on par with neymar for some time.

i recently read an article that scouted Deulofeu of Barcelona and Neymar. the article pointed out that Deulofeu is essentially the same as neymar. same pace, tricks, level of technique. the difference of course is that neymar is going to cost barca 100m in euros and Deulofeu is worth nothing.

i of course hope that neymar fails, which he probably will, but it's simply sad that people will concede that he is good at this stage in his career.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
the brazil bandwagon has limited space, and there are ethnic quotas too :birdman:

only 1 jamaican and 1 american allowed and the latter has been reserved:blessed:

this Jamaican isn't on it. neymar still a fraud to me.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Zabi

LWO 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Can I get on that Tahiti bandwagon? I hope there is space left for me. :lupe:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
this Jamaican isn't on it. neymar still a fraud to me.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

dont worry breh, your application would have stayed sealed :win:

@penfield you may be onto something with international football and all that, but ever since i saw speedy claxton become a rich man off of 3 playoff series, as a backup at that, i've realized that you can never be surprised that people will go insane over who does what when the most people are watching.

that being said, i think neymar's gonna do well in spain and in 2014 :manny: and this breh was supporting his whole family with his pro contracts as a teenager, there's no way a guy like that is gonna turn down millions of american dollars a few years later

Last edited by a moderator:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
Azurros still in it..
"Azzurri", breh.
In italian, the plural of a masculine word ("o") ends with "i", the feminine ("a") with "e" (there are exceptions obviously).
Bianconero -> Bianconeri (black and white/s)
Italiano -> Italiani (italian/italians)
Donna -> Donne (woman/women)

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The Kobe and Lebron thread flooding on the first page is completely out of control. I thought we had a stan thread to keep that shyt insulated?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The Kobe and Lebron thread flooding on the first page is completely out of control. I thought we had a stan thread to keep that shyt insulated?
Back when I was a mod in the old country we did.

Mods don't care about that on here for whatever reason. It's hard for a non-Kobe/Lebron/Heat/Lakers topic to stay in page one.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I have never had a problem with going to page 2 or 3 or 4. :manny:

Matter of fact, I often mark the forums read before logging out and when I log back in, go back until thread titles aren't in bold anymore. That just might be me, though. :manny:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm completely lost when it comes to new music. Too many damn genres(sub genres), shyt is confusing.:damn:

You start following a sound, and literally 6 months later, it's something completely different. It seems like every fukking day, some new genre/sub genre is getting created, that sounds sounds exactly another genre with just a couple tweaks.

Don't get me wrong I love the openness, but this shyt is confusing. Stop paying attention for like a month, and you can just be completely lost.