Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
catching up on men in blazers podcasts, herc's interview is so interesting

feels like an outside in mexico, and that playing in CCL and how his teammates hype themselves up to play the american teams, he says he can literally imagine the same exact thing going on in the mexican dressing room before they play with us, like he's behind enemy lines

i'm guessing a lot of gringo stuff, idk but very good insight

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
Platini is gonna allow a draw where Barca faces RM in the semis I'd be shocked lol....I expect them to face Dortmund that's their best matchup ... Bayern is clearly the best team rite now but they blew it 2010 and last year so who knows...can't believe what they did to Juve ..

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Ok brehs, saw 42 tonight.

It is a very Disney like movie. The score, the slow moments, tender moments, etc. Just very Disney like.

It didnt suck

I dont know if they wanted it to be that way, but Chadwick didnt really open his mouth to speak much. Was kind of weird.

I feel like Branch Rickey caught more hell than Jackie Robinson did as well. I mean Jackie caught it hard, but a lot of the film was to show that Branch Rickey was a good white man trying to do good.

Nicole Beharie, from one of the movies #OFT loves Shame, plays Rachel Robinson. She wasnt bad, but one scene she was supposed to be crying but no tears were coming out. Maybe I saw it wrong, but that was weird, lol. She looked so sweet tho, I wanted to kiss her on the forehead. :wow:

All in all, the movie did its job which was to make you feel good. I liked the movie, even through the flaws.

3/5

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Probably gonna see it this weekend.

One of my brehs is a lifelong Dodgers fan so he's been waiting to see it
mysmilie_636.gif

It really does look pretty generic though.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Its completely generic.

Their wasnt much "grit" in it either. He got beaned one time and some of his teammates didnt like him. I bet dude went through A LOT more shyt than that, but it wasnt really detailed in the movie.

Idk, I really think the movie didnt do a good job of that.

Ok brehs, its really a 2.5/5 film, but the extra half point is the blackness bounce.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[ame=http://youtu.be/PDcJC8v3BZE]barcelona - ronaldinho (vs bilbao) - YouTube[/ame]

Anybody knows the name of the song ?
Been searching for that one for years now :sadcam: @Hollister ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
New Hov isn't bad. Not great or memorable :manny: Just decent. Think Hov has gotten to the point where his new stuff doesn't resonate with me like that.

Don't get the hysteria with the Carters going to Cuba either. The irony of complaining/reprimanding Hov for going to 'oppressive' Cuba.
jaywhatever.png

Jorge Mendes :salute:

Wins either way with Falcao. Down payment :yeshrug: Fergie would pay the fee. Even though I think all the recent talk is to entice City and Chelsea.