Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I was listening to War's album and just as I click Croatia/Serbia on espn3, Why Can't We Be Friends comes on 30 seconds later :merchant:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
On a more general note, some of those old songs circa 60s-70s = :wow:

I was listening to The Zombies today, specifically the song "This Will Be Our Year" and I sorta got why people are always like, old music>>>new music

And I sorta agree, I mean like, fukk us right guys? We have Beyonce and Ke$ha and Brokencyde. Imagine growing up with Beatles, Beach Boys, Zombies, and all those other one hit wonders...shyt would've or was crack I'm sure :ohlawd:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Imagine being so deep in digitally procured vagina that you no longer have time for free movies :wow:

its a blessing :blessed:

nah, I dont think they offered that one. I been real judicial about which movies I see lately because the last few I saw were crap. I saw Burt Wonderstone last week and it was awful.

I was listening to The Zombies today, specifically the song "This Will Be Our Year" and I sorta got why people are always like, old music>>>new music

And I sorta agree, I mean like, fukk us right guys? We have Beyonce and Ke$ha and Brokencyde. Imagine growing up with Beatles, Beach Boys, Zombies, and all those other one hit wonders...shyt would've or was crack I'm sure :ohlawd:
its all about time, innit?

in 30 years brehs will be going :lawd: to Gucci Mane

In saying that, yes the 60s and 70s were better than now.

KOTK

Pro
Daps

Seriously hate the zombies. My parents have started loving them over say, the last eight years, which doesn't make a great deal of sense to me as they're both old as dirt but i guess they went to see a show a while back and were like ":ld: we don't like any new music really so lets just start stanning this flamboyant band who's singer can anoy our son like no other."

I'm kind of amused by that since the other day my dad said that 1d were like the beatles. not quite sure harry styles is gonna be remembered for his penmanship. But apparently my aunt had fainting spells or something similar over them beatles, so i can see his point.

But I don't see the point of comparing Beyonce and Kesha to those bands when you were just smileying over VW and the strokes.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
its a blessing :blessed:

nah, I dont think they offered that one. I been real judicial about which movies I see lately because the last few I saw were crap. I saw Burt Wonderstone last week and it was awful.

its all about time, innit?

in 30 years brehs will be going :lawd: to Gucci Mane

In saying that, yes the 60s and 70s were better than now.
Way ahead tbf, Swing My Door is probably my most played song in internet cafes.

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Madrid's isn't that nice. Outside of Ronaldo they don't have a player better than Makalele. Higuain, Benzema, Ozil, Modric, Di Maria? These guys have done nothing. Got styled on by Bayern and :cape:'d by UEFA. Barca? This isn't one of the better recent Barca teams. Sanchez? Done nothing. Mascherano? Dog shyt. Villa? David Busst. Utd?:heh: Rooney looks like a fat tree surgeon. They're a system team.
what i was trying to say is that the surrounding talent to the best/world class players now is much better...teams have more depth in talent than before i didnt say their whole team is full of world class but all those players you named are all great players who would be great/good in any era
This is all well and good, but where is the dynamism, and greatness. Yes Messi and Cristiano are great, but the gap with the next group of so-called players shouldn't be so big.

I know the training is better, and all that, but for me, and me only, I don't see it resulting in better players skill wise. Just more functional players who can do a lot of things "well", and but can't do one thing really well.
the gap is that big becaus those 2 players are that good, thats my point...they are once in a generation players those that only come once every few decades..its gonna be awhile to we see someone like them specially messi..you are seeing greatness talent wise breh appreciate it now cuz u wont be seeing somethin like that for a LONG TIME..

as for your second part i understand what your saying but it has to do with players being better athletes nowadays...before players werent able to run as much, the balls were worse, the cleats were worse, the pitches were worse and many more medical/technological/tactical advancements have changed the game...there is less space now and less technical players like you said in the pitch at the same time, space is tighter and there is no room for classy technical players who dont wanna drop back and defend or do dirty work or cover large distances on top of their playmaking skills

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

dempsey-face-9-11-12.gif

he needs to do that with Spurs