Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
what i was trying to say is that the surrounding talent to the best/world class players now is much better...teams have more depth in talent than before i didnt say their whole team is full of world class but all those players you named are all great players who would be great/good in any era
The problem with using superficial terms like good and great is that they don't mean anything, you just used them interchangably :ld: But if we put Ronaldo on Zidane's level, again, I don't see anyone else there who I'd put on Figo or Fat Ron or Makalele's level.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's go Belgium. :blessed:

I know the training is better, and all that, but for me, and me only, I don't see it resulting in better players skill wise. Just more functional players who can do a lot of things "well", and but can't do one thing really well.

The vast majority of players are never going to be exceptional at any one thing so developing more rounded players makes far more sense.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wot a goal by De Bruyne. We're going to Brazil :smugdraper:

Fellaini looks out of place in this team.