Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
From the list of teams you mentioned:
Man U - Font have a world class striker
They think Hojland the future and already invested heavily.

Barcelona - has never let the fact that they are currently broke stop them from signing a player

They have to move on players to get him in.

Liverpool - Are you saying that it is smart business passing on this supposed world class striker in favor of Jota and Nunez???
Jota, Diaz and Salah got enough goals. Their issue isn’t in attack.

PSG - They expressed interest for most of the summer but ultimately backed away. I wonder why. Surely they would have happily paid him 50% of his current wage and paid the £55 mil fee you mentioned Napoli would happily accept.
Gotta move on one of their front men. They just dropped €90M on Muani last summer.

City - Kings of “two world class players in each position” decided to go with no backup striker instead of getting Osimhen…
We know Pep on that :mjpls:time

And tbh, that 2 players for each position is more so MF than up top. We already know Pep and his false 9

Chelsea - The team that has spent over £1 billion on nonsense transfers over the last 2 years weren’t willing to pay the asking fee.

Either they are all crazy, or, just maybe these directors and scouts know more than us casual fans do.
Bro, they aren’t just all crazy. They are also all mad…

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
They think Hojland the future and already invested heavily.

They have to move on players to get him in.

Jota, Diaz and Salah got enough goals. Their issue isn’t in attack.

Gotta move on one of their front men. They just dropped €90M on Muani last summer.

We know Pep on that :mjpls:time

And tbh, that 2 players for each position is more so MF than up top. We already know Pep and his false 9

Bro, they aren’t just all crazy. They are also all mad…
They really think he is not world class :dead:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Was hungover and woke up to Declan Rice shytting the bed for no reason.

Everton blowing a 2-0 in a 3-minute window

City looking like they might not lose ever again

And Hansi Flick got Barca playing like Messi's back

:what:
city looked in control even at 2-1 crazy work.....

Barca might be back and even more that it might take a minute for madrid to really find a groove.....

Daps
Sorloth was brought in to be 2nd option after Juli upfront..... this boy is on a one way trip to being 4th or 5th option with Cholo probably preferring to put Griezman and his son above him in the pecking order... :mjlol:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Another good performance by Atleti on the defensive end. There was good positioning, very few mental lapses, and solid goalkeeping by Muso. The offense will click when these guys get more comfortable on the pitch together. But I’m happy with three clean sheets in a row and three points in a tough away atmosphere. This was a throwback Atleti win.

I’m sure there will still be heavy critiques of this performance by certain people. But I’m going to be spending the rest of my weekend BBQing and playing golf with my girl. Y’all have a great rest of the weekend :o: