Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
It's that much? I know they paid like 20 for Delap, paid for Szmodics(an elite championship player) and a few others....100m doesn't go very far nowadays. Burnley spent around that and they were shyt as well.
100m is a lot for any championship team coming up to the premier league. Thats not including loans like Kalvin. That's definitely enough investment for an Ipswich to try to stay up.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
100m is a lot for any championship team coming up to the premier league. Thats not including loans like Kalvin. That's definitely enough investment for an Ipswich to try to stay up.

Not really when they have to come up agaisnt a Everton, Fulham, Wolves etc who have been investigating similar amounts for several years and have the squad depth. Ipswich, Leicester and Southampton are gonna get run ragged.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
But he is a better league manager.

I'm gonna say this for last time. Have you guys actually looked at Emery's league record. It's not good.

Sevilla regularly made CL before he took over, never made CL under him. Villarreal regularly made CL Before he took over. And guess what happened during his reign, didn't even make top 6. I can keep going.

Emery had managed to fool people with those Europa Leagues. But people don't really scrutinize how bad off a league manager he has been.
And all that may be true but ya'll just wanna act as if arteta is the second coming of lippi or something like that.... Emery is clearly not a league manager but for these smaller clubs he has been great.. Villarreal are a perennial champions league team but last time they saw the semis was with riquelme... Last time i checked that villarealmteam had no such player.....

Todays lost wasn't on him, as much as folks wanna gloat, itnwas on the players that 9/10 times scores those two chances. If watkins does his job the arteta out chants would have been in full swing..

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Without Jesus or someone who can do what Jesus does. Martinelli just ain't gonna be involve many games. Jesus playing really brings him in the attack. Kai simply doesn't work with Gabby.

Trossard can't play for 90 though. And he's also not blowing past any defenders. I'd like him to start too, but against young strong teams like Villa. Martinelli makes sense. Part of why Trossard works so well is because he's such a different dimension from Matinelli who's North/South. Trossard is more slippery and for sure more clinical.

But this is a good problem to have. I think Trossard starts vs. Brighton.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And all that may be true but ya'll just wanna act as if arteta is the second coming of lippi or something like that.... Emery is clearly not a league manager but for these smaller clubs he has been great.. Villarreal are a perennial champions league team but last time they saw the semis was with riquelme... Last time i checked that villarealmteam had no such player.....

Todays lost wasn't on him, as much as folks wanna gloat, itnwas on the players that 9/10 times scores those two chances. If watkins does his job the arteta out chants would have been in full swing..

Villarreal were making CL way after Roman left.

The thing with Emery, his teams will eventually crash, they always do. Villa did last season, but Spurs just did it worse.

He's reckless manager.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Villarreal were making CL way after Roman left.

The thing with Emery, his teams will eventually crash, they always do. Villa did last season, but Spurs just did it worse.

He's reckless manager.
I dont fully disagree, but like i said Villarreal have been in the CL many times times since riquelme left but just like fc Copenhagen they did nothing of noye during that time. They got to a semi and won europa league since Emery got there. Don't forget they beat juventus and a bayern team the mighty arteta could not beat and they were worse than the baayern villareal beat.. But hey u might be right at end villa might crash.... I think they end up in the top 6....:hubie:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont fully disagree, but like i said Villarreal have been in the CL many times times since riquelme left but just like fc Copenhagen they did nothing of noye during that time. They got to a semi and won europa league since Emery got there. Don't forget they beat juventus and a bayern team the mighty arteta could not beat and they were worse than the baayern villareal beat.. But hey u might be right at end villa might crash.... I think they end up in the top 6....:hubie:

I'm gonna say this about Emery. The guy is a really smart football guy. He really knows his stuff. But he's too wacked out. In all honesty, he'll make an excellent number 2. But his problem is, his over thinking.

He never quite seem to trust his instincts, he'll change just to change. He has way too many game plans.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Filipe Luis has done a phenomenal job as the manager of Flamengo’s U-20 squad. He’s the one guy that I would love to see take over at Atleti if Cholo ever leaves.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
I'm gonna say this about Emery. The guy is a really smart football guy. He really knows his stuff. But he's too wacked out. In all honesty, he'll make an excellent number 2. But his problem is, his over thinking.

He never quite seem to trust his instincts, he'll change just to change. He has way too many game plans.
The thing is I see where u coming from. just wished u guys , specifically arsenal fans , gave him some props. But his weakness like u have pointed out are real and can't really be denied....

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The revisionist history on Emery’s legacy is jarring. We all saw him bottle top 4 in real time at Arsenal with the team putting up performances like letting Watford have 20+ shots. I was going to games that season and the football we were playing was even worse in person. I saw us playing games at home and looking like the away team.

Emery is a good cup manager that has an annual rough patch that usually costs his team key positioning in the league. His teams historically perform poor on the road and his squad management is erratic.

And the “3 Europa leagues in a row” comeback always bothers me because it ignores the fact that he got knocked out at the UCL group stages two years in a row.

Emery is a good manager if your aspiration is finishing 4th-6th every season and having a decent run in the cup competitions. I wasn’t even a huge advocate for Arteta when he first joined but he’s already shown a higher ceiling than Emery as a league manager.

Daps
Never thought Mano Menezes would be the one to revive Fluminense after Dinizmo( :blessed: )burned to ashes....Palmeiras crushing Cuiaba, Cruzeiro looking healthy, Flamengo looking like they gonna crash and burn since Nico de la Cruz is their only legit healthy attacking option (Carlinhos looking trash and Bruno Henrique can't last 90mins).......... Now only if Ramon Diaz could bring the River '96 Libertadores energy....:mjcry:..... at least Garro has been tied down......:mjcry:

@Mané Swagincha @Yehuda @THEREALBRAND