Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
28 yr old Merino doesn’t excite me

Hope I’m wrong but this just kinda seems like a extra body without raising the ceiling

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
whats up with these french north african decent not living up to their potential.

Houssem Auoar is the most annoying to me because he had all the talent to be a top 2 cm today

Them boys soft :manny:

Same reason Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia only have 4 AFCONs amongst them even though they have better sporting infrastructure in Africa.

Take Al-Ahly out of the equation and Egypt would be in the same boat

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
I remember when he was commentating on a Japan game at the world cup chatting about them having "A chink in their armor" :huhldup:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
whats up with these french north african decent not living up to their potential.

Houssem Auoar is the most annoying to me because he had all the talent to be a top 2 cm today
They come from Lyon lol.
Lyon has had the best academy in France so everybody who come out of it is deemed the next Benzema.

They never live up to the hype because they are overrated really and when they don't reach the hyped potential people think they underachieve but they just are where they were meant to be.

However the hype come from 3 things :
- Lyon academy's rep
- Lyon Fans who are desperate for the next Benz/Lacaz
- Maghrebrehs are desperate to have a top player in the NT 😬

Fekir, Aouar, Benzia, Cherki, Ghezzal and them have had similar trajectories (though Fekir did deliver a bit)