Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I used to love watching soccer.

I don’t know what happened but I caught two EPL games this past weekend and was bored out of my mind. It’s been a few years since I’ve actively watched. Over the years I’ve gotten more into football (American) and it was hard watching to the half of both matches. I swear soccer used to have more shots on goal. The play I watched was robotic, overly defensive, lacking passion and aggression. It was just triangle passes over and over. I’m not sure if this is due to analytics or me just now adjusted to football athleticism and speed or what. I watch football game and I see these guys killing themselves just to make a down. I saw the Texans and Giants game and seeing a big dude chase down a running back showed the type of grit and tenacity I like to see in sports. The EPL matches had none of that.

I used to roll my eyes when people said soccer was boring but I really understood them watching these matches.

I’m not sure if it’s because I haven’t watched in a while and wasn’t used to watching the pace anymore, or if Euro football has transitioned into a gutless variety of the sport, or if I just prefer football now. I watched a 49ers vs Saints off season game last night and had a blast. Neither of which is my team and one team in particular (49ers) is my teams rival. This wasn’t even an official nfl game and it’s still the preseason. A preseason nfl game was better than the two EPL matches I watched yesterday. Ouch.

I googled why I couldn’t get into it and apparently other soccer fans are feeling similar.

I saw this video on YouTube.

So is it changes to the sport or is soccer just not my thing anymore.

Last edited:
Daps
I used to love watching soccer.

I don’t know what happened but I caught two EPL games this past weekend and was bored out of my mind. It’s been a few years since I’ve actively watched. Over the years I’ve gotten more into football (American) and it was hard watching to the half of both matches. I swear soccer used to have more shots on goal. The play I watched was robotic, overly defensive, lacking passion and aggression. It was just triangle passes over and over. I’m not sure if this is due to analytics or me just now adjusted to football athleticism and speed or what. I watch football game and I see these guys killing themselves just to make a down. I saw the Texans and Giants game and seeing a big dude chase down a running back showed the type of grit and tenacity I like to see in sports. The EPL matches had none of that.

I used to roll my eyes when people said soccer was boring but I really understood them watching these matches.

I’m not sure if it’s because I haven’t watched in a while and wasn’t used to watching the pace anymore, or if Euro football has transitioned into a gutless variety of the sport, or if I just prefer football now. I watched a 49ers vs Saints off season game last night and had a blast. Neither of which is my team and one team in particular (49ers) is my teams rival. This wasn’t even an official nfl game and it’s still the preseason. A preseason nfl game was better than the two EPL matches I watched yesterday. Ouch.

I googled why I couldn’t get into it and apparently other soccer fans are feeling similar.

I saw this video on YouTube.

So is it changes to the sport or is soccer just not my thing anymore.

:unimpressed: .... ....... complain about crisp tactical fluency not being as fun and exciting as launching it into the mixer all match brehs.....:stopitslime::heh: