Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fair point since France recognizes civic nationalism. But Let me ask another question.

Can a Naija man be a white man?

We wey be Naija boys, make we talk truth.

That’s why I said it comes back to the debate between Civic nationalism vs Ethnic Nationalism

It doesn't come back to whatever you talking about. Yes, I'm Nigerian. That shyt that Enzo did was racist.

I'm not going to juelzing whataboutizms to justify racism. That shyt goofy.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'll keep it real, the average Coli breh thinks more or less the same as Fernandez... In a different way but still, the "they're not really French" is strong.

Anyway, people never questioned Platini's frenchness even though both of his parents were actual Italians.

It doesn't come back to whatever you talking about. Yes, I'm Nigerian. That shyt that Enzo did was racist.

I'm not going to juelzing whataboutizms to justify racism. That shyt goofy.

The bolded is essentially what I’m getting at. Even for us brehs:

Black = Of African origin
White = Of European origin

Reason Platini’s Frenchness was never questioned is because he’s white

What Enzo said is foul, but his line of thinking is not too different than on here.

Even when France won the 2018 WC folks were saying Africa won…

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The bolded is essentially what I’m getting at. Even for us brehs:

Black = Of African origin
White = Of European origin

Reason Platini’s Frenchness was never questioned is because he’s white

What Enzo said is foul, but his line of thinking is not too different than on here.

Even when France won the 2018 WC folks were saying Africa won…
The coli is what it is. The thing is they went out of their way to chant this shyt and they weren't even playing france.
enzo decides to record this shyt knowing he has several teammates of such origin. If thats not enough in conjunction to Argentinas history even high officials decide this is the hill to die on and for what?

Their govt has doubled down on this among other things

Last edited:

The axe murderer

Daps
Last thing I’ll add on this

:unimpressed:

Living up to the stereotype of “a nikka from Lagos has never been right about anything”

Clueless lot
I think its more a select group of individuals still on twitter after musk blew the spot up that are likely to lean to being Loud and stupid clowns more than truly reflecting the entire groups true views. Either being contrarian or being the pick me. The clout is addictive and mandem act like they're getting a free visa for this dumb shyt.
You got white football fans who've predicted Nigerian twitter will defend this shyt . Its that bad. It needs to be hammered in that these are not representative and that twitter in general is a horrible platform to gauge it because it is one that rewards bigotry.

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Going to Man City by age 18, future is bright
Too early to go to a club with those kind of expectations tbh. Unless you’re Messi, kids should cut their teeth at smaller clubs where they can play and grow imo

Having said all that I never heard of this kid before tonight so wish his career well. That’s 4 years before making that move a lot can happen

The axe murderer

Daps

You weren't even playing the french you absolute brain dead fukks :wtf:
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Why the fukk do you wanna die on hill? You showing more commitment to this shyt than you are to bettering your country which has cartoonish levels of inflations. Priorities all fukked up:dahell:

The axe murderer

Daps
Below standards’: Ten Hag unhappy as Manchester United lose at Rosenborg
United beaten 1-0 in Norway in first pre-season friendly
Manager says ‘this is not the standard for top football’