Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Excerpt from Espn article

Sums it up perfectly

While Arsenal were pushed to their limits, City's fourth title in a row was achieved without Kevin De Bruyne for five months and Haaland for two. Guardiola will strengthen his squad again over the summer and the challenge laid down to the rest of the Premier League will grow again.

"Perfectly" my foot :hhh: :camby: .

It didn't "grow" tougher this year did it? This season was easier than most of the seasons before it.

There are only a few clubs in england that can really be expected to win a league and of them chelsea and man utd are a mess.

Pool had a klopp blow-out.

Arsenal are the weakest traditionally and ran them to the line.

The fault lies with clubs like MU and chelski being historically bad.

:hubie:

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
"Perfectly" my foot :hhh: :camby: .

It didn't "grow" tougher this year did it? This season was easier than most of the seasons before it.

There are only a few clubs in england that can really be expected to win a league and of them chelsea and man utd are a mess.

Pool had a klopp blow-out.

Arsenal are the weakest traditionally and ran them to the line.

The fault lies with clubs like MU and chelski being historically bad.

Chelsea drew with city twice. We did our job. Do yours.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Chelsea drew with city twice. We did our job. Do yours.

:camby: BOTH MU and chelski are a mess right now ..

MU could have stopped city winning the treble last year.

MU could have stopped the 4Peat by doing better in the league.

MU could stop city doing a double this season.

I am not absolving MU of blame.

In fact I think we/MU are the #1 culprits and are getting everything we deserve.

Having spent > 1bn we should be doing better than 8th and a pile of ETH excuses.

Daps
Reppin
TOR --> OAK

Rodri says it all there. Arsenal fans all day telling me it was Aston Villa who killed their title charge, but it was themselves when they played for that draw.

Bizarre logic - they lost the league because they didn't pick up 2 more points at City (a team they actually beat this year at home) vs another team where they dropped 6 points total? What makes the city result more significant than any other result where Arsenal dropped points?

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Bizarre logic - they lost the league because they didn't pick up 2 more points at City (a team they actually beat this year at home) vs another team where they dropped 6 points total? What makes the city result more significant than any other result where Arsenal dropped points?
He's saying mentailty in a title race. He's probably implying Arsenal win at City and the Villa defeat at home doesn't happen. You win at City and City probably don't have the same belief to finish so strong. That's what he means in a title race.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
TOR --> OAK
He's saying mentailty in a title race. He's probably implying Arsenal win at City and the Villa defeat at home doesn't happen. You win at City and City probably don't have the same belief to finish so strong. That's what he means in a title race.
Arsenal's game plan at city is what caused arsenal to win the following 8/9 instead of 9/9? What was the mentality City had when they were dominated vs Liverpool in that 1-1 game in March, and why didn't that cost them the league?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes I wonder who thinks about Arsenal more? Us or you non Arsenal fans.

Always the Topic, what a Club we Are.
Breh, the reason people dunk on Arsenal like that is because you guys talk huge shyt without achieving much. Look at this very thread last year when Arsenal were 8 points clear.

In a sense I respect @Yayo Toure , who only talk when things are done. Y'all mock him for staying silent in the middle of seasons and he somehow always gets the last laugh :pachaha: