Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
mancity.png

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A referee in Netherlands’ fourth division has been banned for life after celebrating the title with the winning team. Referee Jan Smit from Opmeer in North Netherlands has been suspended for life by the Dutch football federation (KNVB) for his actions.

As per a local media report, the 61-year-old officiated the game between St. George and SV De Valken on Sunday. The game witnessed St. George goalkeeper Dave Laan score the winning goal in stoppage time. This was seemingly helped by Smit’s actions with 15 minutes of time added on. During the regulation time, SV De Valken had three players sent off and finished with eight on the field.

To add to doubts of questionable officiating, Smit celebrated St. George’s success by getting on the podium, singing songs and lifting up the trophy.

Subsequently, De Valken filed a complaint with the Dutch authorities who have slapped the suspension on the 61-year-old official.

Smit, however, questioned the decision and said, “I just sang a song and held up the trophy once. That’s the only thing. I find it too sad for words,” he told NH Nieuws.

Dutch referee banned for life for celebrating title with team

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A referee in Netherlands’ fourth division has been banned for life after celebrating the title with the winning team. Referee Jan Smit from Opmeer in North Netherlands has been suspended for life by the Dutch football federation (KNVB) for his actions.

As per a local media report, the 61-year-old officiated the game between St. George and SV De Valken on Sunday. The game witnessed St. George goalkeeper Dave Laan score the winning goal in stoppage time. This was seemingly helped by Smit’s actions with 15 minutes of time added on. During the regulation time, SV De Valken had three players sent off and finished with eight on the field.

To add to doubts of questionable officiating, Smit celebrated St. George’s success by getting on the podium, singing songs and lifting up the trophy.

Subsequently, De Valken filed a complaint with the Dutch authorities who have slapped the suspension on the 61-year-old official.

Smit, however, questioned the decision and said, “I just sang a song and held up the trophy once. That’s the only thing. I find it too sad for words,” he told NH Nieuws.

Dutch referee banned for life for celebrating title with team

Mofo was getting his boogie on.

:pachaha: :mjlol: