Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Credit for doing the bare minimum. :comeon:

Literally only keeping his job because the manager market is dry as hell.
ucoLn3.gif

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Instead of trying to figure ways to make it better they just want to scrap it and go back to how it was when it was much worse.
I believed in VAR, but watching them fukk up actively and often made me realise that it can't be process. These mofos corrupt or allowing their bias to affect decision making.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Instead of trying to figure ways to make it better they just want to scrap it and go back to how it was when it was much worse.

Officials in all sports are shyt. Interpretation of the rules varies from ref to ref. Ifab doesn't help either like with the offside rule. The lineo only puts his flag up like 5 seconds later when even Stevie Wonder can see its a clear offside. We've seen a few players get injured when there was no need to allow the play to continue. The Handball rule is ridiculous as well. I remember Tomori had a pen given against him when his arm/hand was on the ground to keep his balance and the ball hit it and it was given a pen.

The officiating between domestic games and the international (World Cup Euros CL etc...) games is night and day. Some of the Italians refs in Serie A are diabolical. But put them in the CL quater final and these phucks allow the game to flow and forget they have cards.

Like the Millionaire theatrical Spanish ref who retired last season. He was either very good or rather shyt. If he booked someone early that was it the match would be littered with cards and stopping with every foul. And then some games he would allow the game to flow and the first booking wouldn't be till the 65th min. No consistency.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, it's a loser's mentality because missing out on Champions League has major ramifications. They'll miss out on signing better players, players and manager missing out on ucl bonuses, and it shows the level they feel their club is at. I can somewhat understand if there's nothing on the line, but their fans being shameless when they have champions league on the line ain't right.
Who cares. Their club, their problem :dahell: