Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
You know damn well these boys ain’t tryna play for no African countries

Is what it is :yeshrug:

Tbh, don’t blame em.

Born and raised in Europe, played youth international football for Euro nations and maybe have never actually been to their African fatherland.

I think Saka first went to Naija just last year. Hard to convince someone like that to drop everything and play for Nigeria. Especially when your international matches are in Cotonou or Kigali vs London or Paris…

It is what it is

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Tbh, don’t blame em.

Born and raised in Europe, played youth international football for Euro nations and maybe have never actually been to their African fatherland.

I think Saka first went to Naija just last year. Hard to convince someone like that to drop everything and play for Nigeria. Especially when your international matches are in Cotonou or Kigali vs London or Paris…

It is what it is

Exactly bro… a lot more of them are interested than people think but it’s politics too and these countries are not serious.

When you’re used to the England set up it makes sense to just stick with it.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Eze would rather not play international football than play for Naija. Same with Adarabioyo.:mjcry:

Yea the Eze one really killed me because our MF is CRYING for a player with his profile. He’d slot right in and take the no 10 immediately off Joe Aribo :scust:

Tosin’s own is also blowing me. He and Bassey already play together for Fulham. Bringing that CB partnership to SE would be immense.

Exactly bro… a lot more of them are interested than people think but it’s politics too and these countries are not serious.

When you’re used to the England set up it makes sense to just stick with it.

Yea, that last AFCON had the diaspora tuned in. I would think seeing someone like Haller would get some of these kids to make the switch earlier, especially if they’re on the periphery.

Haller was in France’s youth setup for the longest but he wasn’t gonna break into the senior squad so he finally accepted the CIV call up at like 26/27.

Aint he capped for England?

He is, and he isn’t getting picked for the Euros (which we knew from the jump). Not even in this March squad.

Mans wasted a Nigerian starting spot just to be cap tied for 20 mins against Malta. If he ever features for England at a major tourney make I bend :beli:

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Yea, that last AFCON had the diaspora tuned in. I would think seeing someone like Haller would get some of these kids to make the switch earlier, especially if they’re on the periphery.

Haller was in France’s youth setup for the longest but he wasn’t gonna break into the senior squad so he finally accepted the CIV call up at like 26/27.

For sure bro… the Diaspora is proud of their heritage it’s just about removing barriers. Would be amazing to see a day when our countries are the first choice, not just when theres no pathway for the euro countries.

Now for the Caribbean lot, don’t blame them. Ain’t no way I’m playing in damn CONCACAF over the Euros :dead:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Tbh, don’t blame em.

It is what it is
You and I both know that man’s full name :mjpls:

We both know how he was raised and what he came home to every day :mjpls:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh: AIn't no apologies.

We been known my GOAT been smashing, Carra was just being too loud about it :lolbron:
I honestly do t think he smashed. I think k he knows if he presses he can smash, and I think she wouldn't be I trouble if he asked the question, but being the gentleman surrounded by women just as gorgeous or better I think Thierry plays it cool.
Malik gotta accept that and keep it 100. Women may say they love you but they have options just like men do.