Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC

full

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Is Reals transfer strategy even clever though? I mean really, they have the money and clout. Stars WANT to go there. They get no props from me for getting good players. Real life ultimate team
Yes it's clever because they are choosing the right players. Real was always royalty but when you have the funds and/or the aura to do attract anybody, it's really easy to make mistakes, look at PSG, United, Barça or Chelsea.

Real's strategy of the past 5 years is gambling on young promising players and except for Jovic, they all worked out (Rodrygo, Vini, Valverde, Camav, Tchouam, Militao, Mendy...). I remember them being flamed for paying an unproven Vini 45M and ultimately it was a good decision.

Also they have been offloading their aging players painlessly : Varane, Casimero, Benzema, Marcelo, Ramos... Only Kroos and Modric remaining and they will complete the make-over.

Also they are in a way better shape financially than Barca or Atleti. That's smart business.