Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I don’t know why people will think City will run away with it. Yes, they’ve got a big squad but they have plenty of fixtures. They’ll drop points against Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham. It’s not a forgone conclusion. I think Brentford will get something today from them.

Personally, I think it’s between them and Liverpool. If Arsenal had a striker, we’d have a chance but I can’t see it with a crocked Jesus and a mid table striker like Eddie.
:mjlol:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm handling audio visual at my church and service is at 11:30 so I completely missed the game. So happy we got the win though. Watched the replay and I think we dominated most of that match. Glad Kiwior was able to come on and can't wait for Tomi to be back.

And the finals in NJ, let's goooo. When I get this new job, I'm creating a world cup fund. No idea which games I'm going to tho
My brother in law works for one of the sponsors of the World Cup so I’m keeping my fingers crossed he can get us tickets for free. But I’m gonna catch a game regardless…

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
How’s Seattle bruh ( guessing u there) and obviously Tacoma by association….need to get out the Midwest and that’s what I landed on

Another Seattle native. Been here 20 years in June. It has its ups and downs. Weather can be a little hard (grey and a rain/mist) very low amount of snow and winters are generally mild. Summers are beautiful. Not hot and muggy. High 70's-mid 90's.

As for living here. It's not perfect. Depending on what you like to do though it has some really good qualities. I don't go out and hit up the clubs so can't answer to that lifestyle anymore, but good food, lots of things to do outside, lots of local sports teams with good crowds. Almost all major artist from all genres of music stop here for concerts.

World Cup will be legit in Seattle. Huge soccer community. Sounders fans are annoying, but show out for games. Add to it that Portland is 3 hours South and it should be a lively party. Especially with nice weather. USA actually praises playing here, but seldom does due to distance from Europe and artificial turf.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

giphy.gif

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
Another Seattle native. Been here 20 years in June. It has its ups and downs. Weather can be a little hard (grey and a rain/mist) very low amount of snow and winters are generally mild. Summers are beautiful. Not hot and muggy. High 70's-mid 90's.

As for living here. It's not perfect. Depending on what you like to do though it has some really good qualities. I don't go out and hit up the clubs so can't answer to that lifestyle anymore, but good food, lots of things to do outside, lots of local sports teams with good crowds. Almost all major artist from all genres of music stop here for concerts.

World Cup will be legit in Seattle. Huge soccer community. Sounders fans are annoying, but show out for games. Add to it that Portland is 3 hours South and it should be a lively party. Especially with nice weather. USA actually praises playing here, but seldom does due to distance from Europe and artificial turf.

Appreciate it breh…yea my main concerns are weather and being around a more diverse culture…I’m just tired of being around these Midwest cacs and this miserable weather…shyt just drains you…I’ll be visiting Tacoma in probably April…how long are y’all summers? I don’t mind rain if the the summers are great

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Appreciate it breh…yea my main concerns are weather and being around a more diverse culture…I’m just tired of being around these Midwest cacs and this miserable weather…shyt just drains you…I’ll be visiting Tacoma in probably April…how long are y’all summers? I don’t mind rain if the the summers are great

Summers for sure are nice July-Mid October. But depending on the year we can have 80-90's in May. Our summers are typically dry with hardly any rain. Been so dry the last few years that forest fires have become a real problem. As for diversity. I mean it's not what you'd find in other parts of the country or down south. Still very white here but down south of Seattle it's more diverse. Huge community of Asian. Everyone generally gets along. Start going east or in the outskirts of the cities though and that's where you find the Trumpers and lower class racist.