Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Just getting back from the pub/dinner with the fam. I'm on an emotional high. Amazing match even if it was sloppy. Arsenal was the better team for all but 10 minutes. The title charge is back on.

where y’all seeing these games? I’m in KC for sure

B8-C7974-F-F97-A-46-E9-A0-F3-A23-FCF5-ABB41.jpg

Toronto, KC, Atlanta, NYC, Boston and Philly are all under two hour flights for me. Toronto is a 4 hour drive. So more than likely I'll try to get to Toronto. But depending on who's playing where any of those places are viable for me. I'll easily go see USMNT, France or England if they play at any of those venues. But anything not to see Mexico IN Mexico. I couldn't think of a worse time.

Michigan Stadium filled 60,000 for Napoli and FC Barcelona, i was low key hopeful they got one.

Michigan Stadium had 110k there for Man U vs Real Madrid. I had some friends in the press corps at the time and he said he over heard Sergio Ramos say he didn't think he's ever played in front of that many people ever. That's almost 30k MORE than the Bernabeu and 10k more than the Camp Nou.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
where y’all seeing these games? I’m in KC for sure
As many Naija games as possible (them boys better not even play with this WCQ).

Will deff go to the SF and LA games.

A lot of footie tournaments from now until 2026.

Copa America is this year and I want to go to the Brazil vs Colombia game in SF.

AFCON 2025 is next summer in Morocco. Hopefully will be cheering on the Super Eagles to a 5th title.

Then the WC in 2026

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Michigan Stadium had 110k there for Man U vs Real Madrid. I had some friends in the press corps at the time and he said he over heard Sergio Ramos say he didn't think he's ever played in front of that many people ever. That's almost 30k MORE than the Bernabeu and 10k more than the Camp Nou.
THAT was the game I was trying to remember. I was surprised the 60,000 number was so low, i forgot about that game.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
As many Naija games as possible (them boys better not even play with this WCQ).

Will deff go to the SF and LA games.

A lot of footie tournaments from now until 2026.

Copa America is this year and I want to go to the Brazil vs Colombia game in SF.

AFCON 2025 is next summer in Morocco. Hopefully will be cheering on the Super Eagles to a 5th title.

Then the WC in 2026
Our boys finna do some damage :birdman:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think Liverpool is dominant. If they were they wouldn’t need to come back so often. Injuries played a big part today though

Man City is still the class of the league
City is always dominant save for spells here and there, but I do want to give credit where it's due. Excluding yesterday's game, Liverpool have outscored their opponents 12-3 in the last 4 games. Half of which was done while their best player was playing in the African Cup. Until DeBruyne's return, Liverpool were clearly the best team in the league for a solid month (even when Arsenal was at the top of the table but losing their grasp). From my perspective, after a hot start, a lot of Arsenal's games were won by the skin of their teeth in a way that doesn't instill faith that there wouldn't be a repeat of last year.

As an Arsenal fan, I think we're great at possession and fluid ball movement to test for weaknesses, but in terms of threatening offenses, it's often painfully non-existent. I feel like we have Martinelli/Saka on the wings to beat defenders with pace/skill but then the end result is often lacking after the pass/cross. That's why we're bottom 5 in terms of shots on target in the league. It's the downside of a running back attacking forwards by committee approach. Even watching Dario Nunez repeatedly take +20 yard cracks @ goal over the last few games w/ Salah in Africa seemed like something that is lacking in Arsenal's attack.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm handling audio visual at my church and service is at 11:30 so I completely missed the game. So happy we got the win though. Watched the replay and I think we dominated most of that match. Glad Kiwior was able to come on and can't wait for Tomi to be back.

And the finals in NJ, let's goooo. When I get this new job, I'm creating a world cup fund. No idea which games I'm going to tho

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I don’t know why people will think City will run away with it. Yes, they’ve got a big squad but they have plenty of fixtures. They’ll drop points against Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham. It’s not a forgone conclusion. I think Brentford will get something today from them.

Personally, I think it’s between them and Liverpool. If Arsenal had a striker, we’d have a chance but I can’t see it with a crocked Jesus and a mid table striker like Eddie.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
We were so bad yesterday

Worst we have been all season

Individuals making mistakes , the whole team playing bad

And now we got to play catch up to this Man city team, not good :scust:
Clearest example of what we miss with no Darwin and how important and integral he’s been to most of the good we’ve done this season but some nikkas ain’t tryna hear that :mjpls:

@Yehuda said he ain’t like the energy and that’s cause we was missing his constant menace :manny:

With all that said we finna chalk it down to a bad day at the office and go again, these nikkas will give Kloppo the send off he deserves :mjcry: of that I’m sure :myman:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
City is always dominant save for spells here and there, but I do want to give credit where it's due. Excluding yesterday's game, Liverpool have outscored their opponents 12-3 in the last 4 games. Half of which was done while their best player was playing in the African Cup. Until DeBruyne's return, Liverpool were clearly the best team in the league for a solid month (even when Arsenal was at the top of the table but losing their grasp). From my perspective, after a hot start, a lot of Arsenal's games were won by the skin of their teeth in a way that doesn't instill faith that there wouldn't be a repeat of last year.

As an Arsenal fan, I think we're great at possession and fluid ball movement to test for weaknesses, but in terms of threatening offenses, it's often painfully non-existent. I feel like we have Martinelli/Saka on the wings to beat defenders with pace/skill but then the end result is often lacking after the pass/cross. That's why we're bottom 5 in terms of shots on target in the league. It's the downside of a running back attacking forwards by committee approach. Even watching Dario Nunez repeatedly take +20 yard cracks @ goal over the last few games w/ Salah in Africa seemed like something that is lacking in Arsenal's attack.
Liverpool was playing well and was the best
But they weren’t “dominant” save for the past few wks

They missed Soboszlai today