Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
All I hope is that we sell him at the end of the season. He’s a liability off the pitch. Sell him to Man Utd… they like players in the mould of Greenwood and Ronaldo. :francis:
we like them too. the club has stood by him for 2+ years now.

and i was watching a post match saliba interview and the interviewer asked him about martin's penalty incident and he was confused thinking he was asking about kai havertz or something based on his answer. anyway, was this really a thing in post match commentary? IFAB laws are clear about a ball hitting the arm of a player reaching down after a slip.

Screenshot-20231224-120526-Firefox.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Arsenal fans need to stop being so scary. nikkas having fits over KDB & City.

That is not how a title challenging fanbase should act :scust:

If we lose we lose but have confidence. :yeshrug:

This is what I'm saying. Dudes talmbout "Martinelli's trash, Saka underperforming, FLUIDITY, Odegaard not balling."

Breh, the entire league is playing Arsenal totally different from last season. We still don't have our first or even second choice LB, Partey has played all of 40 minutes and Arsenal are STILL first at Christmas.

Like, grow a pair and have confidence in the fact the team is doing well even when not playing well. I don't get it. Cats are acting like we're Spurs or something.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is what I'm saying. Dudes talmbout "Martinelli's trash, Saka underperforming, FLUIDITY, Odegaard not balling."

Breh, the entire league is playing Arsenal totally different from last season. We still don't have our first or even second choice LB, Partey has played all of 40 minutes and Arsenal are STILL first at Christmas.

Like, grow a pair and have confidence in the fact the team is doing well even when not playing well. I don't get it. Cats are acting like we're Spurs or something.
The Arsenal culture is such that we expect capitulation, so fans bake that in to their outlook.

Going into the new year the addition of Rice has given us the grit we have lacked in the past. If we do some decent work in the transfer window in January and we get Jurrien back in February I think we are on course for something special.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The Arsenal culture is such that we expect capitulation, so fans bake that I to their outlook.

Going into the new year the addition of Rice has given us the grit we have lacked in the past. If we do some decent work in the transfer window in January and we get Jurrien back in February I think we are on course for something special.

Nah, I refuse to do that. I'd rather just be disappointed. Anyone with half a footballing brain can look at this team and this manager and see that it's on a totally different level from years past.

I agree there's a couple of pieces to complete the set in January.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I don't think anyone does anymore, they are making it up as they go along.
It's OK to scoop the ball away from a players foot just like Henry did against Ireland to keep it in play and nothing happens but other times it hit a players hand when they have no chance of moving their hand out the way cos it's so close and it's a handball

I still rate him aswell , I think he is a good manager and with time will come good .
Maybe him and Chelsea are just not the right fit together and if he went to another club we would see the Poch we saw at Spurs

I think he would do well at a club like Man utd
At least Poch didn't sign those jokers. ETH signed his own jokers at the club. Reckon he does better than ETH based on that alone. Obviously that ship has sailed so I don't even know who I would have as a replacement right now.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Yea. We still have another level we can reach offensively.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I refuse to do that. I'd rather just be disappointed. Anyone with half a footballing brain can look at this team and this manager and see that it's on a totally different level from years past.

I agree there's a couple of pieces to complete the set in January.
:unimpressed:Last time I had that confidence in our team, Leicester won.

Until that final whistle hits on final day of the season, I will not be relieved even if we are 9 pts ahead.

That’s just the reality. Fanbase reflect the squad. And everybody knows, Arsenal are one injury away from fukking up. Every damn season when shyt gets tough

But don’t get it messed up, I still talk shyt with other clubs.

I just gotta take it end of every season

:mjcry:

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would really like for Zizou to give it a try at MU just to see if he's really all that, pick up a club in disarray and bring it back to glory in a high stakes league

Pep never did it, Klop yes to some extent...