Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Everton look so much better than they did last year. They might finish with more points than Chelsea with the -10 points lol

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If Dyche keeps Everton up, hell, even finish in the top 10 with the points deduction… should he be in the run in for manager of the season? :patrice:

Unless Emery does the impossible and wins it with Villa, I can’t see who else would win considering the circumstances.
If Arsenal wins the league, I'm going to be biased and argue for Arteta.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Question for my footballing bredren:

I'm a developer on a mobile calendar app. For marketing I'm planning on doing some give aways to try to get people to use it. Some ideas for app usage are around football calendars, (e.g. premier league calendar, champions league calendar), or intramural/sunday league scheduling.

What would be some prizes that would be attractive to you guys? Maybe game tickets, kits, or equipment?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm a developer on a mobile calendar app. For marketing I'm planning on doing some give aways to try to get people to use it. Some ideas around football are around a football calendar, (e.g. premier league calendar, champions league calendar), or intramural/sunday league scheduling.

What would be some prizes that would be attractive to you guys? Maybe game tickets, kits, or equipment?
Moreso tickets and kit.

Good luck with the app breh

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
If Dyche keeps Everton up, hell, even finish in the top 10 with the points deduction… should he be in the run in for manager of the season? :patrice:

Unless Emery does the impossible and wins it with Villa, I can’t see who else would win considering the circumstances.

Like the POTY awards there 2 different ones. You have the sponsors and the managers vote.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I'm a developer on a mobile calendar app. For marketing I'm planning on doing some give aways to try to get people to use it. Some ideas for app usage are around football calendars, (e.g. premier league calendar, champions league calendar), or intramural/sunday league scheduling.

Signed merchandise/memorabilia. Tickets for the big matches finals/your clubs biggest match/rival match. Equipment wise you could do for teams like school/Saturday/Sunday morning teams. Maybe a cash giveaway/vouchers.

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
City have 1 win in last 6 league games?

I tipped Liverpool at the start of the season due to their firepower and title winning experience but I didnt expect VVD to be back to near his best and expected the midfield to still be an issue but the Klopp factor is still huge. I think they might beat Arsenal to the league.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
City have 1 win in last 6 league games?

I tipped Liverpool at the start of the season due to their firepower and title winning experience but I didnt expect VVD to be back to near his best and expected the midfield to still be an issue but the Klopp factor is still huge. I think they might beat Arsenal to the league.
its crazy how many cmebacks they have. shame teams havent buried liverpool

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We all know your new to football. Aren't you like a Spurs fan too along with being a PSG superfan. You need to stop applying NBA/American Sports logic to Football. The 30 year history of the CL only 4 first time winners have ever won the big ears cup. Marseille in 92/93 Dortmund 96/97 Chelsea 11/12 and Citeh in 22/23. The chances of a first time winner taking the trophy aren't that high as history dictates it so. That is heritage.

While you was twerking and giving it :ohlawd: about Mbrappe Messi and Neymar we all told you it would fail which it did. While Citeh don't have the heritage Pep has it from a player and a coach. He's been in 6 finals. 4/2. His mentor won 4 himself as a player and coach. That's heritage. Ancelotti and Real is heritage.

You're beloved PSG aren't built to win because Mbrappe has built the team with a bunch of twinks to massage his ego. He doesn't want equals he wants all the limelight and all the players too look to him.

This is all a nice story but pretty much everything you said is wrong. I'm not "new" to football. I'm not a Spurs "fan" I am a fan of Son. How are you unable to tell the difference? :mjlol:

I also never said PSG was going to run through the Champions League. I liked the team they assembled and it didn't work out. I don't think you've watched much PSG because they are actually playing better as a unit up front than they did with Mbappe/Messi/Neymar out there. The younger players all have more defined roles and Mbappe is seemingly happy to be an on-field coach for them. He's been happier this season over last.

I know all about Pep's history and Real Madrid's CL history. That's basic knowledge. I'm not "applying" American anything to the Champions League. It's logic. Man City has assembled a cast of all-stars who are all playing well within Pep's system. It was quite apparent that after getting Haaland he was the missing piece because they had no clear striker before him and when they got him it was gonna be real tough on everyone else. It wasn't this shocking surprise they finally won the CL and it won't be a surprise if they do it again.

Meanwhile, you haven't addressed why there's 4 Spanish clubs, 3 Italian clubs and 3 German clubs left while Man U and Newcastle were embarrassed.