Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
USA is qualifying for WC no matter what.

But the disrespect in this comment right here :whew:
FSWTX6v.jpg

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
^ probably a breh that aint know shyt and bet on usa. no one in their right mind would bet on usa in this fixture. honduras even destroyed mexico last time around, everyone lost at honduras the last 8 years.. except usa. that was bound to stop sometime

:yeshrug: we need landon

and the new defense was always gonna have their growing pains

the ej sub was killer for the offense.

chandler has looked bad, but he's not used to this. gonzalez has been great, cameron has looked shaky.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
^ probably a breh that aint know shyt and bet on usa. no one in their right mind would bet on usa in this fixture. honduras even destroyed mexico last time around, everyone lost at honduras the last 8 years.. except usa. that was bound to stop sometime

chandler has looked bad, but he's not used to this. gonzalez has been great, cameron has looked shaky.

Can't play this cultured football on the road in this region? :manny:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Can't play this cultured football on the road in this region? :manny:

pretty much, i knew it'd be disaster introducing this one-two tap nonsense

but then again they didnt even play like that today, they played like cowards (due to the heat?) and got caught out.

i mean when you take all the factors into account it wasnt that bad in the end. shouldve been a draw, defensive mistake, honduras's strength

it was a lot like usa/jamaica, where usa clearly has better players but isnt the better team, and stupid mistakes cost em the game

this will remind me of mexico under sven, unbeatable at home but very shaky away from home

this loss doesnt hurt so much as it was always coming, and 4th place gets you a home and home with new zealand.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
if we lose at panama and jamaica then i'll be worried

tumblr_mhtmagSGHp1qe0saso1_500.jpg

im simply staying away from everything until mls starts, i dont want to hear the overreaction or maybe it IS time for that and im in denial

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
I'm livid because USA doesn't even seem to have chemistry. They haven't look this bad since early Bruce arenas days. And the freaking players are more mature. Yo this dumbass should have put felihaber in and Landon. How we gonna go to this hexagon with never having a solid 11 out there always switching the effing line up :pacspit: jurgen hate him with all my heart. How do you perform worse than Bradley!!!

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps

Donovan was obviously missed, the climate in san pedro sula clearly had an impact on the american players specially in the second half, even though the honduran players also were fatigued, they handled the temperature quite good as they should.

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
that first hounduran goal shows how bad theUS defense is...lost 3 straight balls in the box leading to the beautiful bike

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
everything was against the us today..

the streak that had to end

bunch of players coming from 20 degree weather straight into 90 degree tropical heat, especially the germans

new lineup, new players, and only 2 practices to get used to it due to the shortened intl week

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
There is no motivation, no resilience, no control and no coordination. It is just a sorry weak team. :pacspit:

:mindblown: why are y'all making all these excuses for?

Half that sht is game planning "weather, practice, players, etc" it's bullsht. And y'all in denial!

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I guess the good news is you can only go up from here..however they seem behind right now as they've played friendlies and should have some idea of a starting 11 with chemistry..playing qualifying matches with everything up in the air still doesn't seem right..

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
LOL you brehs need to allow this game, it was our 2nd hardest match only behind playing Mexico away. We were expected to lose this game. Niqquaz panicking after the first game.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
if we lose at panama and jamaica then i'll be worried

im simply staying away from everything until mls starts, i dont want to hear the overreaction or maybe it IS time for that and im in denial

It might be time to panic a little, but it was a road game against a likely WC qualifying country. I think that the US is looking at a 3rd place finish, and if they dont take care of business at home (I'm talking 11 of 15 points at worse), they will need to get ready for that home and home with New Zealand.

3rd and 4th place in 2010 got 16 points. 1-2-2 on the road is reseasonable, so it is what it is.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
They got 2 big problems from what I see.

1. Their centerback depth is complete shyt. Other than Gonzalez improving, there's no hope in sight at this position. Cameron is bad and it doesn't help that he plays right back for Stoke.

2. We have no wide player prospects at midfield, forcing us to play a complete shytshow at mid in Bradley, Jones, and Williams. 2 of those are manageable, all three is just ceding possession and forcing us to play on our heels. Bedoya and Zusi aren't good enough, Gatt probably isn't good enough, and Torres has never shown a thing. They need Landon back in form before March 22nd, and if possible Brek Shea getting regular minutes at Stoke.

It's not the end of the world. We can't afford too many road losses outside of today and Azteca, and every home game should be an easy 3 points outside of Mexico.