Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I gotta question for you UK breh's.

I understand you have bare divisions in your pyramid. Do you support a club from the premier league and let's say a smaller local club you might have ties to?

Is it common?

Over here in Canada even though hockey is king and it's not common for people to support teams in lower divisions.

If you live in Ottawa you support the Senators(NHL tier 1) and rarely find a 67s fan (OHL div under NHL)

Yeah it is common. Some do it because they are disenchanted with the PL machine. Lower league football is back to basics for the love of the game. Some do it to support their 'local team' and give a little bit of money to keep them going. Some people have a connection to the smaller team. Like my cousin (Chelsea fan) goes to watch Hampton & Richmond because a couple of his friends use to play for them. Some had kids trials there etc... And some because it football and cheap and you can take the a couple kids there for what would cost for 1 PL ticket and still have change left over.

Also there's characters like this.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

I understand you have bare divisions in your pyramid. Do you support a club from the premier league and let's say a smaller local club you might have ties to?

Is it common?

Over here in Canada even though hockey is king and it's not common for people to support teams in lower divisions.

If you live in Ottawa you support the Senators(NHL tier 1) and rarely find a 67s fan (OHL div under NHL)
Brentford was always my local team as I played for them when I was young and its the team I would see play the most from getting free tickets. Feels weird for me seeing them in the prem competing vs my fav team man utd as I'm used to them struggling in league1 when they were broke and owned by the fans.

Most londoners support big clubs like arsenal Chelsea Tottenham utd Liverpool but outside big cities small teams are well supported by their towns

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Is it common?

In America, you generally have a PL, La Liga or Bundesliga team. For example, St. Pauli in 2. Bundesliga has a sizable American following. But you also support your local club even if it's MLS, MLS2 or USL.

Like Detroit City FC has followings rivaling some MLS teams even though it's a middling USL team. But Michigan and Northern Ohio don't have an MLS team so people support that the hardest.