Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I hate the revisionist history with Emery’s tenure at Arsenal. He bottled top 4 by losing 3 of the last five matches, whilst having a bad record away from home and we were giving up 20+ shots to relegation teams. His hands were tied with the recruitment but the style of football was stale and pragmatic when we were under pressure in games.

That game Vs Watford :scust:Had Tom friggin Cleverley running through our midfield :damn:Scary times.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
We didn’t ‘lose’ it to City, we shot ourselves in the foot. We didn’t need to beat City to win the league.

It would’ve been different if those two games were the deciding factors, but the fact we lost/drew those “winnable” games is unacceptable to me.

I’m always going to get behind the manager but Arteta can’t have any excuses this season.

I’m not mad at finishing 2nd, it’s the manner in which we conceded the title. As I said, he can’t have any excuses this season.
Agreed, no excuses, but I don't have any confidence that Unai would have done the work required to get us challenging for a title.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Bottling top 4 is nowhere near as bad as Bottling winning the league. :yeshrug:

Prior to the start of last season, we were all hopeful for top four. Considering the fact that we over achieved the way we did is enough for me to contextualize our season despite the disappointment. I’m even on record for not wanting Arteta but I have to give him credit because we’re genuinely a top team now.

That game Vs Watford :scust:Had Tom friggin Cleverley running through our midfield :damn:Scary times.

Emery had Xhaka playing as a lone 6 and we were getting cooked in transition every week :scust:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
yea right
how is ghana losing to fukkin comoros in a WCQ? shouldnt be that hard to run a proper football team. Clowns

@African_brehda has that the whole squad gambling. Why you think Jordan Ayew is top 3 in both fouls committed and drawn (hes actually #1 in Europe for this) against in the PL. He's making sure everyone's acca bets in Accra are hitting.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Just looked at the stats. 31 shots :picard:

Then they went on to lose 8-0 to Man City the next week. :dead:
We looked so bad. The same way I'm confident now that we can score a match winning goals in the dying minutes, was how confident we would give up a Match tying or match winning goal at the end of his tenure

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Arsenal buys a striker this january and Arteta still doesnt win a big trophy :hubie:
Last season they had no cups no nothing. No reason to lose the league the way they did. I know they lost it to City but City was more focused on the Ucl

I really don't like sports fans anymore.

Outside off last season, what big trophies was he gonna win.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I really don't like sports fans anymore.

Outside off last season, what big trophies was he gonna win.
I think breh tripping

But we were definitely good enough to go further in the League and FA cup. Europa League performances were not good enough either. Luckily we took care of business in the group stages this season of CL

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
bro next time you touching east africa let me know for real man
im down

I'm going next friday :wow:third time since june. Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania got me in the cobra clutch and I ain't tappingg out :wow:

Got one day in London then Uganda and Tanzania . I'll definitely let you know next time for sure

Screenshot-20231207-121947.jpg

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm going next friday :wow:third time since june. Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania got me in the cobra clutch and I ain't tappingg out :wow:

Got one day in London then Uganda and Tanzania . I'll definitely let you know next time for sure

Screenshot-20231207-121947.jpg
what is it about uganda? id expect kenya tanz and rwanda to exceed it both economically, recreationally, and from a women standpoint