Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
The score line really flatters City. Outplayed from start to finish. Arsenal need to step it up on Saturday. Rice will be the difference where City didn’t have Rodri today.

Crazy how everyone including myself said they didn't need Rice and instead they bought Nunes and Gvardiol.
Rice would have had them walking the league this season.

Rice-Rodri-KDB probably bags them consecutive CLs as well. :whew:Thank God.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Never liked how Emery was mocked and derided at Arsenal. Wenger’s boots were always going to be impossible to fill but he never had a fair shake IMO. I always liked him.

Bottling top 4 by losing to Leicester 3-0 Palace 3-2 and Wolves 3-1 and drawing with Brighton in 4 of the last 5 games and getting destroyed in Baku. He was always a dead man walking it was only a matter of time. a When you don't beat Sheffield United Palace Wolves Leicester and Southampton in your last 5 league games you deserve too get sacked. That's just isnt acceptable from an experienced coach like Emery.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Now lemme say something controversial.

If emery had inherited this current arsenal team in his tenure.....
Possiblly, but i dunno if he would have been able to build this team. Arteta did get a bit of patience from the board and benefitted from that Raul guy who got Pepe for 70M.

He had them boys looking like City themselves, though. That 1-0 and they're still controlling possession? Thats not what I'm used to from him. I'm more used to what that Tottenham game looked like.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Take out Rodri and you have a shot at City.

Players need to start winding him up some more so he can get the OJ Simpson strangle on.

Call his mother a puta, his brother a b*stard and his sister the town strumpet.

Let this man rage himself into more red cards!

Arsenal need to pay an opposing player to boot rodri so he's out for a few months they're lost without him :hubie:

I called it months ago. This man Rodri simply needs to be targeted. Simple and short.

Mctominay's been United's most consistent player for a month. Him and Garnacho
Scottie got more goals in the Prem than Rashford, Martial, Antony, Garnacho and Hojland combined….

Happy for Iwobi
Better take this goal scoring form to AFCON next month. We no wan hear story

Nah this is his level, he needs that lack of expectation to thrive.

See Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal. Villa compared to PSG and Arsenal.

Valencia is a big club with high expectations. Peter Lim just been messing up and the club was in dire financial straits.

Daps
Dawg, I’m seeing Group stage matches in the $400s and $500s :mjtf:

I don’t even care to watch the games like that.

Lemme just post up to a bar when Colombia, Brazil or Venezuela are playing and mingle with the gyalde….I mean the fans :mjgrin:
Exactly!!.... group matches at the euros next summer start at 30 euros. Chepest ticket to the final is 95 euros...... :martin: