Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Where are their fathers?

I never understood that, I was brainwashed into arsenal (plus being taken to highbury from the age of 5/6), one of my friends is a Tottenham season ticket holder and his dad is an arsenal season ticket, I don't know what went in, but his dad lost for his only son supporting his rival club, the son also lost cos he chose Tottenham over arsenal.

A sad story.

Broken homes or dead :ld:

Or some just let their kids choose, so they can see if their son is about that life of supportin a team goin nowhere in some cases.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
For the American brehs do you guys actually say who you support in real life when talking to people?

I think I've only rarely said who I support. I know it's of no consequence to them but there's still that voice ringing in the back saying, "But you've never been to the Emirates son" that comes in and invalidates my whole fanhood :sadcam:

So I generally just say "I'm neutral son. I just got mad love for the game :smugfavre: nice Messi shirt though...fakkit :cool:"

Puts you on another level I'll tell you what.

I say I support USA (and Red Bulls despite what they stand for cause it's the way to support the local game). If they say some English club I do the "propa" fan quiz which most can't pass anyway and if they do pass then out come the questions about supporting a proper local team.

They will KNOW I look down upon them by the end of the conversation.

Edit: and if they ask what Euro club I follow my go-to is "none, because I don't support teams I can only see on TV 3,000 miles away" :smug:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I got into a conversation with an Austrian lad the other day and he was asking a bunch of questions about the American game, basically called me out on Red Bull support despite what I said, I didn't fight him on it :ehh:

Felt particularly strongly cause as you know Austrian league was good til Red Bull bought out Salzburg, made them a super club while ruining the past traditions of the same club, and now dominate the league Bayern style (run away with it every other year and still can't get into CL).

The Metrostars didn't have any history to erase cause we were so fukkING SHYT :smh: so such a purchase was received much better than usual

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...es-donating-entire-salary-065816514--sow.html

Following David Beckham's announcement upon signing a five-month contract with PSG that he will donate his entire salary to a Parisian children's charity, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has announced that he will donate all of his wages to himself.

"I heard Beckham's decision and it made me think," Ibrahimovic told reporters while on duty with the Swedish national team. "Who is most deserving of all of the money that I, Zlatan, am paid? The answer is Zlatan. The children of Paris are not leading Ligue 1 in goals this season. I am. I have 20 goals. The next best players have 12. Twelve! If anything, the children of Paris should be giving me even more money for having the privilege of being in the same city as my incredible quality. And so should David Beckham. Call it a Zlaritable donation."

The initial wave of praise for Beckham's charity decision last week quickly led to a backlash as French critics are now accusing him of donating his salary, signing a short-term deal and maintaing residence in England as a way to avoid the proposed 75 percent tax rate on France's top earners. But Ibrahimovic finds hypocrisy in this criticism.

"When I signed with PSG the politicians called my wages 'indecent' in a time when so many people are struggling, even though it is a lot of money that can be taxed and help the country," Ibrahimovic continued, while demonstrating Taekwondo moves. "Now Beckham gives all of his wages to a local charity and people call him a tax dodger. Both are examples of stupid people complaining about good things. It is a waste of breath. Like Pep Guardiola blowing up his own birthday balloons, which I then pop with an overhead kick the second he is finished. These people should be subject to a 75 percent stupidity tax payable to the Bank of Zlatan. Then they will have something to really complain about."

:lolbron: :deadmanny:

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Champions of South American aint suppose to be talkin like that.

well it is what it is breh these iberians are running shyt now, if we get to tie this game ill be happy:whew:

plus our team is not what it was when we won Copa America...Forlan is done and so are a few others who our coach still insist on who should be nowhere near the team but are playing still due to being champs 2 years ago..also our coach playing one of the best forwards in the world as a right sided mid doesnt help:aicmon:

also as you know football is a sport of the 'moment"...if we could have played them a few years ago when we were in a "good moment" then i think we could have had a chance to beat them playing them on the counter...we still have a chance now of course with Suarez and Cavani up front...if these dudes finish watever chance they get i think we can do it...we gonna give it to em and get up in em and u know those soft iberians dont like that

lugano and perez gonna be putting in that work on all those midgets today

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
well it is what it is breh these iberians are running shyt now, if we get to tie this game ill be happy:whew:

plus our team is not what it was when we won Copa America...Forlan is done and so are a few others who our coach still insist on who should be nowhere near the team but are playing still due to being champs 2 years ago..also our coach playing one of the best forwards in the world as a right sided mid doesnt help:aicmon:

also as you know football is a sport of the 'moment"...if we could have played them a few years ago when we were in a "good moment" then i think we could have had a chance to beat them playing them on the counter...we still have a chance now of course with Suarez and Cavani up front...if these dudes finish watever chance they get i think we can do it...we gonna give it to em and get up in em and u know those soft iberians dont like that

lugano and perez gonna be putting in that work on all those midgets today

If you had played them in Montevideo you would of probably beaten them, especially when they had that spell of when they did lose it was big to Argentina and Portugal away from IIRC.

Need lugano and perez to break Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol(dont know if hes retired) Alba & Cesc and put them out of action for a month or till the CL last 16 is over and no blood doctor can save them.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I say I support USA (and Red Bulls despite what they stand for cause it's the way to support the local game). If they say some English club I do the "propa" fan quiz which most can't pass anyway and if they do pass then out come the questions about supporting a proper local team.

They will KNOW I look down upon them by the end of the conversation.

Edit: and if they ask what Euro club I follow my go-to is "none, because I don't support teams I can only see on TV 3,000 miles away" :smug:

I go to nowadays is telling people that I'm a fan of a particular player.

"Nah I just like Busquest breh :ehh:"

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you had played them in Montevideo you would of probably beaten them, especially when they had that spell of when they did lose it was big to Argentina and Portugal away from IIRC.

Need lugano and perez to break Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol(dont know if hes retired) Alba & Cesc and put them out of action for a month or till the CL last 16 is over and no blood doctor can save them.

Barca gonna be all over that deer antler spray shyte now :pachaha:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:lolbron: they probably moved on to it once that doctor got caught

They need to use it on Gazza :to:

That recent picture of him :why: he looked completely fukked up.

article-2272716-17512FB3000005DC-823_634x477.jpg