Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

247Alex

Pro
Daps
I might be spoiled by Alisson but Onana didn't even come out to narrow the angle for the third goal
looked like he tried to predict the shot but idk.
amrabat fault for both goals tho
pushed on the throw in and the horrible forward pass that was intercepted.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
sw.png

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Maybe we're being emotional right now, but Mike might've been right about Ten Hag all along. :francis:

@null @SCORCH

"2015" is 3 seasons ago in CL terms so not as bad as it sounds but saying that I still think that ETH has alienated some of the players.

some of those that have to play now already know that he doesn't want them at the club and tried to sell them over the summer (maguire, martial).

and then i think others don't trust him as a coach (casemiro for a start).

ETH has put himself in a difficult position with his buys and with his treatment of the players. his inflated belief in his own ability is coming back to bite him. even SAF was willing to learn throughout his time at the club.

ETH needs to become more of a pragmatist and quickly. Maybe get "big sam" on boerd.

Club still backing him apparently though. That resolve will be tested if Brentford slap us and we get knocked out of the UCL group stage.

I think he would even survive that if he had kept the players onside.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
also:

are people just realising that papa hag says whatever he feels he needs to say?

i could tell that he didn't care about the truth 2 mins into his first interview.

"papa" hag lies all the time. he doesn't care about stuff like that.

he is a high functioning autistic machine.

Screenshot-2023-10-04-at-13-36-20.png

something seems to be wrong with the togetherness of the team.

papa hag lies. this might create discord amongst the players when they start to notice.

plus ten hag seems unable to get the defending right and players are making individual errors which is causing frustration.

i thought mcclaren was good at defensive tactics but seemingly not.

if he sticks to going dutch and/or the midfield isn't fixed for next year, next year will be tough :picard:

even ETH's "perfected ajax" would have issues playing expansive football against a purring liverpool or city and would probably lose.

so we need to ensure that we are also very hard to beat (even when playing better teams) and ETH hasn't shown that he can do that consistently so far.

:hubie:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Odegard finally off the pitch :camby:

Arteta ball is really struggle football.

Arsenal needed this loss to humble stubborn Arteta. So much of this could’ve been avoided if it wasn’t for his arrogance. I’m hoping this humbling doesn’t carry over into Sunday. :francis:
Teta is predictable ive noticed, man wants to play possession football away from home in the CL let alone his first actual away game in the CL. If he plays the same at Sevilla we most likely lose that game to

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Fabrizio saying the club will continue to back Ten Hag.

Mostly due to the injury situation, but they know the club should be doing better on the pitch.

We’ll see how long they keep their word… :skip:

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Does the Utd fans want him out atp though?

Who would be replacing him?
Same squad is still there