Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
"With Mudryk, I like to play sometimes to [hit] the crossbar from outside the box," Pochettino said.

"He said to me, 'I don't want to play any more with you because you always win'. I said 'yes, because I have the belief, and the balance between belief and quality I know very well because I'm 50 years old. You're still young and you need to know yourself'.

"Today [Tuesday] was the first day we draw, because I always won. Now you start to believe in yourself, believe in your quality. If not, it's difficult to balance belief and quality."

Mudryk is down bad:huhldup:

And lol at Poch exposing him

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
List is disrespectful to Salah

None of them hit his heights of 60 g/a in a season

None of them are as consistent with around 30 g/a every season

Most champions league goals and would almost certainly have broken into the top 10 if Liverpool were in the CL this season

And he's still elite

What metric are you using to say Di Maria is better :skip:
Di Maria has always been clutch with his country:lolbron:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
F7DL3OOWUAAoXS3

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
"With Mudryk, I like to play sometimes to [hit] the crossbar from outside the box," Pochettino said.

"He said to me, 'I don't want to play any more with you because you always win'. I said 'yes, because I have the belief, and the balance between belief and quality I know very well because I'm 50 years old. You're still young and you need to know yourself'.

"Today [Tuesday] was the first day we draw, because I always won. Now you start to believe in yourself, believe in your quality. If not, it's difficult to balance belief and quality."

Mudryk is down bad:huhldup:

And lol at Poch exposing him
@SCORCH :damn:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Chelsea incredibly lucky in the first half.

First Brighton missed two clear cut chances and now Chelsea should've got a straight red, Ugochukwu was also already on a yellow, but ref didn't even call a foul :gucci:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh

It's even worse breh

Pochettino keeps a large box of lemons in his office at the Premier League club’s training ground in Cobham, south of London, having begun doing so several years ago on the advice of a friend. It is a manifestation of his broader spiritual belief in “energia universal”, a higher form of energy that people can connect with and even harness if they open their minds.

Pochettino adheres to the belief they can soak up negative energy like a sponge from their surroundings, and even the people who visit his office.

He was also known to keep a tray of lemons on his desk while Tottenham Hotspur manager and tends to replace them every 10 days, or sometimes sooner, as they apparently become contaminated with all the bad vibes they have absorbed.

But when asked during a press conference last week if this deeply underwhelming start to the season — despite owners Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital committing more than £1billion ($1.2bn) in transfer fees for new players over the past year — had shaken his belief in the power of lemons, Pochettino remained bullish.

“They started to work after two years at Tottenham,” he said. “Give time to the lemons. It is a thing that we all believe. If you want to have good energy, you need to implement all the things that you believe.

“I believe in the lemons, but at Tottenham they started to work after one and a half, two years. They need a long time, they are not magic, but more than ever I still believe in them.

“Today in my office, I have yellow ones, green ones… different types, from Spain, from Italy. I don’t want to lie, there is a big box of lemons. I always thought the yellow lemons worked much better than the green but now I believe in any colour — any colour can help. If I could get a blue lemon (to match Chelsea’s kit), it would be even better.”

:huhldup: