Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny I saw João Pedro this week saying he hopes Diniz gives him a chance, shame he was subbed.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Niclas Eliasson, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time :wtf:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I always maintained Osimhen should have never signed a new contract with Napoli, especially after this summer. ADL messed up in the summer by letting their former sporting director Giuntoli go to Juve and then letting Spaletti walk.

The upgrades to the squad haven’t been good enough. Sold Kim and brought Nathan who isn’t ready yet. Jauste hasn’t quite pushed Anguissa or Zielenski and they still haven’t found a solution for the RW. Kvara has been found out with the double team.

And Rudi Garcia ain’t it….

This is why squads like Juve, Inter and Milan win year over year. They don’t rest on their laurels. Even after winning the scudetto they’re strengthening their squad to go again.

Napoli looking like they’ll regress and Osimhen might have been priced out of a move to another too team with the €150M release clause….

I've always felt Real Sociedad should've been everything Atl. Madrid has been the last 10-12 years :manny:
I really think Atletico has underperformed tbh. Especially in the past 2-3 yrs where I actually think they’ve had the 2nd, if not best squad in La Liga. Should have 1 if not 2 more titles and at least 1 more CDR…probably a Super Coppa as well…
Just because Onana has struggled doesn't mean De Gea was the answer. There's a reason DDG is unattached to a club right now.
If we got him from Ajax on a free that’d have been different but 50M….that’s a proper midfielder right there. But DDG definitely needed replacement.
I think in reality we needed to change DDG this summer.. He needed a new contract, was the highest paid player at the club and was in decline. Whether Onana was the right option is a different conversation. We needed a steady keeper who was commanding and good with the ball at his feet. Spectacular saves would be a bonus. Just dont chuck that damn ball in your own net. :francis:
He deff needed replacing, but Henderson could have done the job. He was decent last season at Forest.

You’re limited in funds but need to overhaul the squad. GK was not as big of a priority imo when Henderson was serviceable.
how long until xabi alonso gets a gig at a top club?
He’s Real Madrid’s next manager by summer.

If Perez doesnt do the needful with Osimhen then Xabi should take Boniface with him to the Bernabeu :blessed:

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

fred1.png

Meanwhile Grand Imam Fred with two assists and a MoTM performance :wow:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
eth.png

:ehh:

i think that is annoying the players. his tactics don't work consistently plus there are points when they don't know what to do as a team.

it's also seems like the instructions are too complicated at times, like when they are falling back into defence.

then you add in ETH's public statements and penchant for saying anything ...

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Guirassy has 10 goals in 5 games :russ:

Watch him beat Kane to the golden boot and Leverkusen win the league and Pokal

Boniface for Bundesliga player of the year:banderas:

Dude taking penalties for Monaco can fukk right off.

Yea not Balogun’s best game. Missed 2 PKs in the Derby…