Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

End of an era :mjcry:

From trolling Zlatan to reminding Cavani to do his trademark goal celebration to getting the wildest red cards, so many unforgettable moments from his SEVEN YEARS at United:skip:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Not the worst idea but might feel like a bit of a step back. At 23, that’s better than languishing at UTD tho.

I was thinking maybe either Germany or France. Italy I’m not sure.

Despite the lower stature, playing for a Dortmund or RB Leipzig is way better for player development than Man Utd. Utd’s culture is so toxic right now that only a transcendental talent could come into this team and immediately look good.

I could see him playing in the EPL but it would have to be for either City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Brighton. Someone with his skill set needs to be dominating possession and having passing options.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Despite the lower stature, playing for a Dortmund or RB Leipzig is way better for player development than Man Utd. Utd’s culture is so toxic right now that only a transcendental talent could come into this team and immediately look good.

Bro Utd are horrible. How many players have they written off with poor structure and development.

Leipzig or Lille type teams might do wonders for him.

I’d genuinely play for any other team in the prem before I pick Utd if I were a player.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Bro Utd are horrible. How many players have they written off with poor structure and development.

Leipzig or Lille type teams might do wonders for him.

I’d genuinely play for any other team in the prem before I pick Utd if I were a player.

Facts. Utd and Chelsea are two teams I’d avoid like the plague as they have no stability or identity right now. Memphis left Utd and immediately became an impact player, Falcao got a second wind after leaving, Di Maria, etc. the list goes on.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sancho isn't going to work out at Atalanta so you can scrub them off the list

This is from Maehle.

“The coach decided everything. And there wasn’t really any freedom,” the full-back said, as quoted by tipsbladet.dk.

“Even though I lived in a nice place and the weather was good, I didn’t have time to enjoy it because we spent so many days and hours at the training ground.

“It was super tough mentally,” continued Maehle.

“Even if you had played a great game at the weekend, and the following one you didn’t play too well for 20 minutes, you would go to the back of the queue again. There was not the continuity you see in other places. Mentally, I could feel that I really needed a change.”

The Denmark international smiled when a journalist asked if he felt like being in a prison at Atalanta and whether Gasp had a dictatorial approach.

“You are saying it,” he replied.

“He really decided everything. Sometimes, when we had a double training session, he said we should stay and sleep at the training facility, so we were not allowed to go back home.”

“You don’t feel like a person. You feel like a number. You have no relationship with the coach. He would stand there and blame someone for something strange. For example, he was furious when Rasmus [Højlund] came to training by car together,” he revealed.

“He didn’t want us to drive together. Because then we could sit and talk together on the way to training, and enjoy ourselves. He didn’t want that, and I got scolded even if it had been agreed with the club because he [Hojlund] had no driver.

“I don’t know if it’s typical Italians, but some things make you angry and tired in the long run.”

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Facts. Utd and Chelsea are two teams I’d avoid like the plague as they have no stability or identity right now. Memphis left Utd and immediately became an impact player, Falcao got a second wind after leaving, Di Maria, etc. the list goes on.

Falcao was coming back from the knee injury when he joined United. :hubie:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Getafe are shameless. :dead:

It does look really funny, but I really hope Mason can take a step in the right direction with this club. Excel on the field and make sure he keeps his off the field issues to a minimum. I believe most people should be able to be forgiven and reearn trust. Plus, he should be able to support his family with his talents.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Away from England. His type of game with the lack of athleticism isn't built for the PL. The problem hes going to find is that training in Spain and Italy is even harder than it in the PL. Because they love to run the players. That's why you'll find the distance covered stats are higher in Serie A and La Liga but sprints and intensity are lower than they are in the PL. Also the issues hes had with Waistcoat and Ten Hairs with body language he'll find in those countries too so he has to work on that.
Thats not 100 true. he'd eat in the right team. Neither Grealish, Mahrez, Foden have/had crazy athleticism.

which make me wonder why some players move to certain teams knowing the style of play dont fit them.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I don't blame Getafe and their fans for acting like that because Greenwood will be one of the biggest players to play for their club. At the end of the day, most fans care about getting 3 points and don't care too much about morals. I agree it's shameless, but is what it is

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Thats not 100 true. he'd eat in the right team. Neither Grealish, Mahrez, Foden have/had crazy athleticism.

which make me wonder why some players move to certain teams knowing the style of play dont fit them.

Sancho has burnt the Citeh bridge. No point even mentioning them. Even tho they are the perfect team for his skills set. You think someone like De Zerbi is going to accept bad body language/negative attitude he basically kicked Trossard and Sanchez out for the same thing.

Grealish is more endurance and strength so while he isn't rapid he can still go past defenders.

Mahrez is a technical wizard who has agility and cooordination. Also Mahrez played in the Championship so he learnt to toughen up before he ever touched the Prem. Sancho went from u18/u21 football in England to playing 1st team football in Germany. He's basically Werner and Havmomentz who have struggled to the intensity and pace of the PL even tho they have attributes that fit the league.

Foden is another who has agility and coordination and some deceptive pace.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Getafe board seeing this.

FWaHTlG.gif

Ten Hag better squash the beef with Sancho ASAP.:lolbron:

Who am I kidding, he'll put Bruno on the left...:unimpressed:

Last edited: